Plans

As I ran down the corridor towards the toilets I heard someone running behind me and as I turned my head round I saw Adam out of breath trying to catch up with me. I tutted and then sped up and got into the bathroom just in time and was relieved to see that there was nobody else in there. I went straight into the first cubicle and slid down the wall until I was on the floor. I then put my head in my hands and began to sob. I then heard a knock on the door and then Adam walked in I knew it was him I could smell that heavenly mint coming from him, what does he want?

“GO AWAY MR CAN’T KEEP YOUR PANTS ON!” I screamed walking out of the cubicle.

“Ava, baby please calm down I can explain. I promise! Please listen to me.” He asked me closing the gap but I took a step back.

“Go on then EXPLAIN!” I shrieked and he nodded and started pacing the room.

“Right first I think I should tell you about her it might make it easier for you to understand. Kerry was my childhood sweetheart, my love, my first girlfriend my first everything. When we got married we were both eighteen and so very much in love but then Kerry got pregnant but the problem was that it wasn’t mine and we both knew that. We both tried to push it to the back of our minds but however much I tried to ignore it couldn’t forget the betrayal she had made and I divorced her. That was five years ago and ever since then she’s been coming after me accusing me of ridiculous things and sometimes their true but usually they’re a load of rubbish. The problem though is that the only reason for her to go is to give her what she wants, normally it’s just a kiss or just to listen to her but this time it was different and I’m so sorry baby I didn’t plan on her pouncing on me like that but I care about you too much to ruin your chances of getting into a good college that I had to go along with it, please forgive me Ava I promise it will never EVER happen again!” he explained.

“But… but how does that help me? Doing the same thing she did to you to me?” I asked suddenly a lot calmer.

“I know I know, but please I promise you I couldn’t do that to you again especially after seeing you like this, I love you too much.” He told me and my jaw dropped. He loves me. HE LOVES ME!

“You love me?” I asked shocked.

“Yes, I really do. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me. When I first met you I knew you were special and I love that your more complex than anyone I’ve ever met.” He told me honesty and love flashing in his eyes.

“I loveyoutoo.” I told him quickly.

“Huh?” he asked.

“I love. You. Too.” I told him slower this time. “But don’t think you’re getting off lightly. You’re on Dylan duty tonight; I’m having a night off. Also you’re going to cook dinner. Deal?” I informed him and he nodded before scurrying away out of the toilets as he knew the bell was about to go and the girls would be flocking into to fix their vanity for the twentieth time this morning. I then pulled out my phone and text Emma and April to explain that everything was fine and that I’d see them at Adam’s. They both text me back agreeing to meet me there. I then headed back out of the toilets and went straight to Adam’s room for my lesson.

“Hello, Ava.” Adam greeted professionally.

“Hello Mr Stone.” I returned as I made my way to my seat next to Jamie.

“Hey, Hun you alright?” Jamie asked and I nodded.

“I’m fine, we’ve sorted it out. So you coming over tonight, seems we need to sort some stuff out after this morning eh?” I asked and he nodded. “Great, also Adam’s cooking so beware.” I told him and we both laughed and looked at Adam who gave us a confused look and so I just pointed at my watch and I saw him sigh and then stand to begin the lesson.