|6|

Hello, my beautiful readers ❤️ enjoy~
________

"Once upon a time," Lexi's clear voice rang over the crowd, and they hushed. The pups ran up towards her and sat in a circle around where she stood by the fire, "there was a big, tough, border guard who roamed the woods of her Alpha's territory. This guard took the job very seriously," she looked at the pups with wide expressive eyes, and they hung on her every word, "making sure there were no threats, dangers, rogues, and especially...nasty Alphas trying to take control of the land."

"Ooooh," the kids whispered excitedly. Chesca knew where this was going.

"One night, the guard was tracking through the woods, listening, sniffing, watching for anything out of the ordinary. The moonlight was dim, making it hard to see. Thunder rumbled in the distance, and the leaves whispered secrets that only the best tracker could read," her voice was soft and low, adding the desired effect. "The strong border guard wasn't fooled. She was just turning and getting ready to fight, when all of a sudden—" she grabbed one of the pups "—a big wolf pounced, and tackled her to the ground!"

The pups screamed in fright, right on cue. Chesca laughed.

"They tumbled and rolled, the wolf trying to tear out the guard's throat, but of course, our favorite border guard came out on top, pinning him to the ground!" The pups laughed and clapped their hands. "And that's when the guard realised who the wolf was! The meanest, biggest, toughest, scaryiest Alpha who exists only in your imagination! But was the guard scared? Did she scramble for cover and hide behind a tree?"

"Nooo!" the kids all shouted and Lexi shook her head along with them.

"No! She wasn't scared of any alpha! She just glared at him and demanded, 'Any last words?' as every honourable guard does. The big alpha melted before her stern gaze, and dropped to his knees, clasping his hands in front of him. 'Please, I beg you! Don't kill me! I beg for mercy! Please, mercy!" Lexi acted out the patheticness with all her expressive skills, and the pups were howling with laughter.

Chesca heard a slight growl from the man beside her, whom Lexi was undoubtedly impersonating. She smiled to herself.

"Then do you know what the guard did? Hmm?" she looked at the children who started giving answers.

"She took him to the dungeon!" "She tied him up a tree!" "She gave him to our Alpha to beat up!" "She knocked him on the head with a stick!" "She told him to be good and sent him home?" "She scratched his eyes out and put his thumbs up his nose."

These pups truly had vivid imaginations.

"No, no, no, but all good ideas," Lexi smiled and nodded, hands on hips as she prepared for the climax of her story. "She looked into his pleading eyes and....snapped his neck, saving our Alpha from a lot of trouble!"

Chesca felt a growl escape her throat as she leapt up from her seat. All eyes turned to her, and she realised her fists were clenched.

"Noooo!" "What?" some of the kids looked scared.

"No, you're right, the guard didn't kill the mean alpha," Lexi quickly said, throwing Chesca a daring smirk. "Because, she realised he was actually our Alpha's mate! And secretly she knew that Alpha wanted her mate, and liked her mate, so she wrapped him up with a big red bow and delivered him to Alpha!"

The kids cheered and stood to their feet. "Alpha wants her mate! Alpha wants her mate!" they clapped. Lexi picked up on the chant, and the kids linked arms and danced around the fire like the little indians in Peter Pan. "Alpha wants her ma-ate, Alpha wants her ma-ate!"