|23|

Thank you so much to all my readers and voters (you know who you are!)! ❤️❤️☺️ Your ongoing support really encourages me to keep writing 😊😊

artist-unknown you might want to fangirl-proof your room, this chapter is 😘😘🔥😍😍
ps. Enjoy your last couple weeks of school!!!
(Anyone else finishing school this year?)

The song above is "Sky full of stars" cover by The Piano Guys.

And.... a pic of Elah cos I forgot in the previous chapter. I have also included his picture in the preface, but some of you who have been with me from the start may not have seen that page since I updated it :)

 I have also included his picture in the preface, but some of you who have been with me from the start may not have seen that page since I updated it :)

__________

3,500 words. My longest chapter yet!!

"Hey you, I've been looking all over for you," Kaiden's eyes widened as he took in the room and all the filing cabinets that lined the walls, along with stacks of books and an old map stretched out on a sagging desk.

"Then I must've done a pretty good job of laying low."

"Low indeed," he stepped over a pile and leaned on the table, frowning down at Chesca where she sat on the floor. "I haven't seen you since this morning."

He'd taken to being her guard dog outside her room every night, and she'd slipped past him as soon as she'd woken up this morning. It was a little unsettling having him so close, but while her mind couldn't sleep easier, her body wasn't protesting the close proximity of her mate while she slept.

"Well, you can sense I'm ok, right? No need to see me," Chesca brushed him off with a shrug.

He wouldn't be deterred so easily. "But what if I want to see my mate? Spend time with you, and...get to know you?"

She quickly looked up from what she had been writing and studied his face instead.
"What do you mean?" she carefully took note of his mood. It was ...different. Sincere maybe? A bit playful, and judging by the grin growing on his handsome face, she'd have to be careful of this new side to him.

"You'll have to see," he smiled and held out his hand.
The smile wasn't so cocky as she'd seen it before, not the smug demeanour that hinted at something else. Instead it was genuine and real almost. Like he actually wanted to just be with her like normal friends.

"Umm I've got work to do, can this wait?" She looked around her with a frown, not really wanting to emerge from her boring yet safe cocoon just yet.

"The sun is setting, so no, it can't wait." Kaiden wiggled his fingers, motioning her up.

"But I'm a mess, I haven't even combed my hair since my run this morning!" she clutched at reasons and pulled her shield of papers closer to her chest even as her wolf was begging her to get her stubborn backside off the floor and join her mate.