Chapter Forty-six

I swear I'm going to piss myself.

My heart is still hammering, threatening to climb into my throat from the adrenaline coursing throughout my body. I can't think straight. My "conversation" with Killer's dad is running on a haunting loop over and over again in my mind. I have no doubt he really could kill me if he wanted to. And he knows where I live. How the hell does he know where I live?

But he gave me his blessing...if you can even call it that. It was more like a "I hate all boys interested in my daughter, but I feel like I can kill you the easiest so if you want to date her go ahead but you still shouldn't because I can and will kill you".

Fuck...no wonder where she gets it.

I look over to Killer who is sitting in the driver's seat as we drive to the school. Maybe I should ask if I should really be afraid of her father murdering me and then burying me in the woods behind my house. But I quickly push that thought out of my mind, knowing that I wouldn't want anyone to bring up my dad in a conversation. I should say something else to start her talking, like how good the dinner she made was.

But...I never ate any of it.

As I'm still stuggling to come up with a topic of conversation my phone starts vibrating again for the 50 millionth time in the last 15 minutes.

"Please Jude I can't meet with them alone!"

"Well I could....but they don't seem like the type for a threesome."

I grimace at my phone, sensing Connor's desperation through the other end. I quickly respond to him again, hoping that this will be the last I hear from him tonight. "I already told you I'm not going to hang out with you tonight. Fuck off."

A couple seconds after I send the text he starts calling me again, no doubt trying to convince me to change my mind. I have to stop myself from snarling at the phone as I reject his call and start typing out an even nastier message.

"Listen here asshole—" I start to text but am interrupt from a rude grunt in the driver's seat.

"Are you going to get out or what?" Killer snaps.

I look up, startled to see where at the school parked next to my car. "Oh, yeah."

I unclick my seatbelt and open the passenger door, sliding down onto the pavement between my car and hers. "So do you want to follow me back to my house to get Chi?"

Before she can respond my phone starts vibrating again. I look down to see three new texts messages from him, before he starts trying to call me again.

"Yeah, whatever," Killer replies.

I nod before I shut the door to her van and walk over to my BMW.

"I will give you anything you want if you just please come over! I can't use Alan as a wingman again! He fucking took both of the girls for himself last time and left me with nothing!!! That's not what a wingman does!"

I struggle to open the door to my car for a few seconds before I finally get it, sliding into the driver's seat before I turn on the car and crank the heater. I start to roll down the window to tell Killer she could follow me, but she's already peeling out to the parking lot. So instead I call Connor, the ringing echoing through the Bluetooth audio speakers as I pull out of the parking lot  a minute behind her and head to the freeway. I keep trying to spot Killer's van in front of me, but she must have really taken off, already knowing the way to my house.

"Finally!" Connor yells as he picks up the phone. "When are you come over?"

"Can you stop fucking calling me?" I yell back.