Introductions

Ignasia's POV

The carriage had finally reached Weston college. I could see the other carriages as I got out. The girls were piling out onto the cement, while the vice principal came up to us and said," Girls, I must meet Mr. Agares. You can walk across the lawn and meet the prefects." "Yes, Madam Johnson," we all said in unison.

 The four of us walked across the lawn, the prefects coming into view. They were nearing us. Leela made eye contact with all of us, her blue eyes saying, 'Ready?'

We stopped in front of the prefects. The eight of us stayed silent for a bit, until a handsome man with long blond hair tied to the side stepped up. "Hello, I'm Edgar Redmond. Prefect of Scarlett Fox." We all smiled, suddenly thankful for his melodic voice, as Angelica stepped up and took his hand. "Angelica Ainsworth, prefect of Crimson Carnation. It's a pleasure to meet you." That was our opening. All of us introduced ourselves, telling them our names and our houses. They did the same, and when the introductions were over, we just stood there and talked. I don't know why we were worried, they were quite nice.

Eventually, we had to go to our houses and get settled in. The prefect known as Lawrence Bluer said, "I suppose we must get you settled in your rooms." Just then, their vice principal Mr. Agares and Madam Johnson walked up to us. "Yes, we must," said Mr. Agares. "Half of the houses have been cleaned out for all of you. The prefects will take you to your houses to get settled in, and then you will meet in the dining hall at 5:30." They turned and left. 

Bluer looked at Leela and said, "Ms. Jenkinson, if you would follow me." Leela nodded and said, "Of course. And feel free to call me Leela." He smiled. "All right then Leela, right this way." They walked off together, after Leela motioned for her girls to follow them. Greenhill was guiding Gamora to the Green Lion house, and Angelica was close behind Redmond, leaving Violet and I alone. 

"So . . . I guess that leaves us, Ms. Valerius," Violet said quietly. I wasn't used to being called Ms. Valerius, so I thought I'd let him call me by my first name. "Please. Call me Ignasia." My voice was soft. Maybe because I was shy? He looked at me and nodded. "I will remember that. And you can call me Gregory. Greg for short. If you could get your girls to come with me." I turned around and looked at my girls. They were all standing on the cement, waiting for instructions. "Girls," I said, "Right this way, please." Chantel Leclair, my fag, was leading the pack.  

We were at the Violet Wolf house in no time. "Cheslock will show the rest of the girls to their rooms in the far end of the east wing. I will show you yours, since it's right next to mine." I silently nodded as a boy with a mow hawk walked up to the rest of the girls and Chantel. "Follow me," said Gregory, while the girls and Chantel followed Cheslock. 

We entered the house, and the first thing I saw was a banner that said WELCOME TO VIOLET WOLF. I was fascinated my the embroidery on the banner, and the complex lettering. I knew I would fit in here. As we turned the corner, Gregory decided to break the silence. "I understand you are quite the artist." My eyes became soft, and I smiled shyly. With my head down, I said, "Well, I . . . I wouldn't say that . . . " I could feel his sad gaze drilling its way into my head. 

"I tell you what. You will be here for a whole semester, yes? In that time, I'll get to see your drawings. We'll see how good your sketches really are. Sound good?" I looked up at him, expecting to see a playful smirk on his face, but he was completely serious. I smirked. "Is that a challenge, Mr. Gregory Violet?" His serious expression remained on his face. "Maybe. Maybe not." You could hear the slight bit of mockery in his voice.

We were standing outside of a room with a violet bed, along with violet sheets and the same colored lace. The walls were a soothing creme color, and I immediately took a liking to this place. Gregory looked at me as he said, "Well. This is where you will be staying. I hope you like it." "Like it? I love it." He nodded. "Please, settle in, unpack, do what you must. At 5:30, please meet me outside of the house. We will eat dinner. After that, we are to head to the Swan Gazebo. I'll leave you to it, now." He walked off quietly, but turned back around before I walked inside my room.

"Ignasia?" I turned. "Yes, Gregory?" He smiled slightly as he said, "Welcome to Violet Wolf."