I Hope . . .

It had been a few days since school was back in session. Gamora's classes were doing great, much to her surprise. Everything was going her way. 

Except . . .

She was now Greenhill's fiancée. Gamora didn't really know how she felt about this. It was all still new to her. She and her friends, the other fellow prefects of St. Albany's, would often discuss things about their husbands-to-be. 

Gamora just didn't want things to be awkward between the two. 

Gamora sighed as she walked down the halls of Weston college. She kept her head down as the grass crunched underneath her feet. When she finally reached the Green Lion house, she immediately rushed to her room to rest.

(-(-(-(-(-(-(Time Skip to 5 Minutes Later)-)-)-)-)-)-)

Gamora heard a soft knock at her door. She got up from her bed and opened up the door, where she found a nervous Greenhill.

"Hello, Gamora." She gave him a small nod and a smile. As upset as she was about her arranged marriage, there was no way she would let herself hate Greenhill. None of this was his decision.

"Mr. Agares has this latter for the two of us," he said, showing Gamora the envelope. It reminded her when she got the letter from her friends about their arranged marriages.

"Oh, I wonder what it's for," Gamora said, walking out of her room to join Greenhill in the hallway. He nodded, saying he was wondering the same.

"Shall we go for a walk? We can read the letter as we go," Greenhill suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea." Gamora flashed him one of her best smiles, having no clue that she was nearly knocking Greenhill off of his feet.

(-(-(Outside)-)-)

Herman and Gamora exited the Green Lion house as they soon became exposed to the nature outside. Gamora's eyes shined when she saw the leaves blowing in the wind, detached from their trees. Greenhill marveled at the sight of her straight blonde hair blowing in the wind behind her. He chuckled at her repeated efforts to tuck her hair behind her ear, only to have it blown out of place.

The truth was that Greenhill was secretly very happy that he was marrying Gamora. He liked her from their first meeting. How her pale skin glowed, her deep green eyes, her soft blonde hair. As Herman got to know her a bit better, he realized it wasn't just Gamora's appearance that had his knees weak. It was her overall self.

Greenhill admired everyone about her. To him, Gamora was a beautiful young woman, who was very much capable of fending for herself. She was a funny, polite, respectful, goofy, and kind 19 year old who lacked a bit of common sense. But that wasn't a huge issue.

Herman made himself look away from Gamora's beauty and pull out the letter.  He opened it up while walking down the cobblestone path, making sure the breeze didn't take the letter with the flying leaves. Gamora looked over at the paper and started to read it out loud.

"To the prefects of Green Lion house." Gamora's eyebrows shot up and she let out a small 'huh.' Her eyes continued to scan the words on the paper as they came out of her mouth, Greenhill carefully listening.

"As vice principal of Weston college, I would like to inform you that our school will be holding a ball for all students on November 21, 1889, from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Please inform your house members of this information as soon as possible. If any changes are made, you will receive a notice. Thank you."

Gamora looked over at Greenhill, who was silent. "Well? I guess . . . there's a ball?" Despite Greenhill's awkwardly obvious comment, Gamora laughed.

"Oh, wow! How'd you know?" She smiled, her eyes glowing from laughter. Gamora grabbed Herman and did something he never thought she'd do. 

Gamora pulled Greenhill close by the shoulder and squeezed him tight. Herman was glad she didn't see his blush. Gamora said, "Ah, you're funny, Herman!" Greenhill smiled back at her, a real handsome one. Gamora didn't know that his smile was the reason her heart fluttered for a moment.

Herman and Gamora walked around for a little while, discussing their classes and how when they would tell the other house members about the news. Soon, they bumped into the other prefects, who were sitting at the Swan Gazebo discussing the same thing. Eventually, Herman and Gamora were having their own separate conversation than that of the others.

A very awkward one at that.

"So, d-do you know who you w-will go with? To the ball, I mean." The nervous Greenhill was back. Gamora smiled, but inside her head was a completely different story.

'Holy shitballs," she thought, 'how do I tell him I probably won't go? With anyone, that is. Ugh, I hate dancing so much.'

Instead of being honest like a normal human being, Gamora decided to make up an idiotic excuse. 

"Uh, I actually can't dance. I was attacked by a pelican as a child." Gamora kept a dead serious expression, unlike Greenhill, who looked like he was trying so hard not to laugh. 

'What the hell, Gamora?!' she thought.

Just then, Leela walked over with her coat and smacked Gamora's calves with it. "You have been healed," was all she said as she walked off. Gamora glared in her direction.

"Well, I guess that's that." After what seemed like a century of awkward silence, Gamora spoke up. "Would you like me to go to the dance with you? I mean, we are getting married soon, after all." 

Greenhill scratched the back of his head with a shaky hand. "Right, right. I-" He stopped to look at Gamora. He imagined the two of the, gliding across the dance floor together, overjoyed to be in each other's arms. A smile appeared on his face.

"I would like that."

(-(Time Skip)-)

That night, as Gamora lay in bed, she kept thinking of sharing a dance with Herman. The thought made her smile. She actually didn't mind being his fiancée.

The only problem was that things seemed quite awkward between the two. Gamora wanted that discomfort on the air to be gone.

'I'm sure it will be fine after a bit. I hope . . .'