Unwanted Attention

When Leela woke up feeling excited for some strange reason. She couldn't put her finger on it, but she just felt very bubbly inside. 

Leela waited outside of Lawrence's door. She continually asked herself, 'Is this called stalking? No . . . Lawrence won't be creeped out.'

Lawrence threw on his nest clothing after getting out of the shower and fixing his hair. He opened the door and took two steps, then nearly fell backwards from surprise.

"Hello, Lawrence," Leela said in a menacing tone on purpose. She laughed at Lawrence's terrified expression, then helped him back to his balance. "Sorry, didn't mean to frighten you," she said, obviously not sorry. Lawrence gave her a sarcastic smile.

"Oh, no harm done," he said, making Leela laugh. His smile became genuine when he heard her laugh.

"What are you doing today?" Leela asked Lawrence. Lawrence shrugged.

"Hm. I don't know. I suppose there's no harm in spending the day in the library." Lawrence was always excited to pick up a book, and so was Leela. She smiled at him, happy they had that in common.

"Would you like to join me?" he asked. Leela nodded.

"I would love to," she replied. 

Lawrence and Leela sat together at a table in the back of the library, their books laid out in front of them. Leela needed help with some of her biology homework. The teacher had decided to give them homework, even after their finals.

"Do you understand it better?" Lawrence asked after explaining the chapter to Leela.

"Much better, thank you." Lawrence gave her a small smile and pushed the book closer to her, so that she could use it as a reference to finish her assignment.

Leela had gotten up to return some books she had brought with her to the librarian. That was the moment everything went downhill. 

Leela was close to the librarian's desk, when she bumped into someone. Leela muttered a few apologies to the boy she had ran into. He smiled and told her not to worry about it, then he helped her pick up the fallen books. Leela couldn't handle seeing books on the floor. She took that as a sign of immense disrespect. 

Leela had all of her books in her hands, and continued to stroll over to the return slot on the desk. The boy and walked off, and she didn't pay him another glance.

The boy hid behind a bookshelf and watched as Leela dropped the books into the small slot and walked back to the table to meet Lawrence. 

"Hey, Shepard. What's the hold up?" one of his friends, Carter Gilmore, asked impatiently as he stood by a different bookshelf, curiously observing his friend.

"Nothing. You head out, Gilmore. I'll meet you in a minute," he said.

Carter turned around and walked toward the library's exit. "Yeah, you'd better," he muttered in annoyance.

Leela didn't know that such a small encounter would escalate to a dangerous amount of unwanted attention.