Watchful Eye

"I'm telling you, Leela. It was Timothy."

Leela looked at the prefects of Weston College. "How do you know?"

"I found this in his pocket," Lawrence said, pulling out the chain and handing it to Leela. She smiled brightly and took it in her hand. 

"You found it! I realized it was missing in the closet." She clutched it tightly like her life depended on it. "Wait, how did you get the necklace?"

Lawrence cleared his throat and nervously glanced at the other guys. "I may have snatched it when he wasn't looking," he mumbled.

Leela laughed. "I didn't know you were a thief, Bluer," she teased. Greenhill laughed when Lawrence threw his hands in the air in frustration.

"That's exactly what I said!" he exclaimed. Lawrence gave him a warning glare.

"Can we focus here?" Lawrence asked. The students nodded. "So do you remember anything from the night of the ball, Leela?" Lawrence looked focused.

Leela looked at the ceiling then snapped her fingers. "Yes, I do!" She clapped her hands together. "I was sitting on the steps outside of the ballroom. A little later, Timothy came out. The boy with the black hair, parted to the side. That is Timothy, right?" Greenhill nodded.

"Timothy Shepard. He's from our house." Leela nodded.

"So it is him. Yeah, he gave me some wine. And I drank it all. He left after that, and then I went for a little stroll. And then I started to feel a little dizzy. The only thing I remember after that is waking up in a closet. I must've passed out by the bush of brunerras." 

Lawrence looked at his fellow prefects. "It must've been in the wine! Some drug that made me pass out," Leela said, now pacing around the room.

Lawrence was about to speak, when he saw students coming in through the gates of the Green Lion house.

"I forgot! Break is over. Alright, we need to get out of here."

Greenhill said, "There's a way out through the back. I'll take you there." Greenhill got up and led his friends out of Timothy's room. They walked through the hallways and down a set of stairs, and then through a dark hallway that led out back. 

"Here we are. Now you guys should go. Your students will be waiting." Greenhill held the door open for them.

"Jenkinson, you should stay with Bluer for the time being," Gregory said. "If it becomes known that you escaped, then Timothy may try to run."

Redmond nodded. "I agree. Stay hidden until we have Timothy where we want him. Greenhill, you'll keep a watchful eye on the boy, yes?"

Greenhill nodded.

A few minutes later, Leela was hiding in Lawrence's room. The two were doing everything they could to fulfill their part of the plan. Only time would yell what the next step would be.