Trust

Finally, it was the weekend.

Angelica's red dress flowed behind her in an elegant manner as she walked down the halls of Weston. She had taken many of her finals yesterday, and wanted to relax. She also had to get some things done around the school.

The ball was coming up soon. November 21 was the last day of the semester, which was also the last day the girls would be at Weston. Angelica sighed. Ahe had volunteered to help decorate the room, and she was going to set up the centerpiece today with the help of her friends. She didn't know if she would even go to the ball, but she did know that she would miss Weston. It was a wonderful place, and everyone was so friendly. 

As the wind blew her blond curls away from her face, Angelica smiled when she thought of seeing her friends in ball gowns. She thought of Gamora dancing with Greenhill, and how sweet the two of them will look together. Angelica thought of Lawrence and Leela, too. She already knew that Leela would be awkward, but that she would also be one of the most beautiful girls sin the room.

Angelica opened the door to the library. She had to return some of the books she had borrowed for the finals. Angelica smiled at the librarian as she approached her. She handed her books to her and the librarian thanked her for turning them in on time. 

When those red heels were outside the library, Angelica smiled, as she was very excited to get cracking on those centerpieces. She would have to find Leela and Ignasia first, though. Gamora had a class. 

She was walking down the path the headed to the Sapphire Owl house, when Angelica bumped into her fiancé, Edgar Redmond. She tried to hide her face, but there really was no point. Edgar could never forget Angelica's beauty.

"Angelica," he said once the two were face to face. Angelica smiled slightly.

"H-Hello, Edgar. How are you?" Angelica's voice had such a soft and gentle voice. Edgar loved hearing her speak, and he was sad he hadn't taken the time to get closer to his soon to be wife. He really was interested in her, but it seemed she was so shy.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking. And you?"

Angelica smiled, "I'm doing wonderful, thank you."

"May I ask where you were headed?" 

Angelica nodded. "I was heading to Sapphire Owl to get Leela, and from there I was going to head straight to Violet Wolf to get Ignasia. I volunteered to help prepare for the ball, and I need their help working on the centerpieces."

Edward smiled, but gave her a questionable look. "The room is large, and there will be a lot of people. You must have a lot of centerpieces to make." Angelica nodded. "Would you want me to help? Besides, I have some ribbon that's taking up space on my desk. I could get Bluer and Violet to join, as well. They're free, but Greenhill has a class right now."

Angelica thought it over. She thought it'd be cute for Leela and Lawrence to work together, and Gregory and Ignasia. That would give them a chance to spend time together. Not to mention, Edgar would get to spend time with his fiancée. It was his master plan.

"I would appreciate that, Edgar. Thank you! I completely forgot that ribbon would be a nice touch." Angelica was overjoyed, because everyone could spend time together, and the centerpieces would get done much faster. Edgar smiled.

"Well then, shall we?" he asked, holding his arm out and using his other hand to motion to the oath ahead of them. Angelica smiled and linked her arm with his, holding onto him. 

The two laughed as they headed down the path together.

Later that day, Leela and Ignasia accompanied Angelica on a stroll, as she had requested. They had finished making the centerpieces of pink delphiniums and white roses. They looked beautiful with the ribbons, and Angelica was so happy Edgar had brought them. 

The boys were going to meet Greenhill at his class, where they would hang around afterwards. Angelica took that chance to chat with her friends. She would have to fill Gamora in later. 

Edgar had asked Angelica to the dance when the two were taking the pieces bac to house, and she had said yes. But she was still slightly nervous. She felt like he would dance with several women there, and she would get a tad bit jealous.

"Angelica, you and Edgar do look very good together," said Leela. Angelica playfully shoved her, and Leela let out a laugh. It was fun for them to laugh together. 

Ignasia, who was trailing behind the two, was busy in her own thoughts. She smiled when she looked at the sky, which was layered with streaks of purple, orange, pink, and red. 

'This would be fun to draw,' she thought. 

When Ignasia heard laughing, she looked down from the sky and saw Angelica and Leela looking back at her. 

"Can I help you?" Ignasia had a slight smile on her face.

"What is that in your hand, Ignasia?" Angelica asked. Ignasia looked down and saw that she was holding a drawing Violet had given her earlier. It had made her laugh, and Violet wanted her to laugh more often. He had given it to her in hopes of that memory making her laugh in the future.

"Oh, it's a drawing." Her reply was short and sweet.

"From Violet, perhaps?" Leela asked. Ignasia gave a small nod and walked closer to them so that she could show them.

When she unfolded the paper, she laughed again, surprising Leela and Angelica. She didn't laugh much.  

The drawing was of many beautiful women smiling and laughing. Their hands were connected with their partner's, and they were gliding across the dance floor. The thing that got Ignasia to laugh was the figure in the back. It was none other than Edgar Redmond, standing alone in the back of the room with his arms crossed and an annoyed expression. He had no partner.

"Gregory had told me that Redmond is always excited for balls, especially the dancing part." Angelica smiled, but felt a pang of jealousy. He probably liked the dance because of all the women.

"But whenever the dances came, he was always in the back of the room. Violet teased him for not having a partner, and drew this picture to tease him even more." Ignasia smiled to herself when she thought of Violet sitting in the gazebo with his friends, quietly drawing that picture, then watching the expression on Redmond's face in amusement. She liked that Violet had a sense of humor that he unleashed every now and then, apart from usually being so quiet and sealed off.

"Wow, I would never expect that from Redmond," said Leela. She was laughing and Ignasia smiled. Angelica smiled, too, and tucked some of her hair behind her ear.

"Me neither . . ." she said quietly.

Later that night, Angelica stared at the ceiling as she thought of the day's events, occasionally laughing out loud when she remembered one of Leela's sarcastic jokes. When she remembered the drawing Violet had made, she sighed in relief, smiling wide.

'I can trust my fiancé. I know it. What kind of monster would be if I didn't?'