Chapter 4 - The Betrothal

The Betrothal

    "If being selfish would bring happiness to many, It's okay to be selfish sometimes." She half heartedly  moved to her parents room to express her denial the very night they met in the cafe but his mom's call halted her in mid track. She found his mother, whom she had met during her farewell, a sweet lady. As their houses were separated only by a few streets, they often met in temples before coincidentally and they used to share few sweet nothings. After her departure, she never met his mother.

Sanyukta had a change of thought when his mom explained how badly she wanted to bring her son back to old self. She decided to help his mother in bringing her son back to her. She knew that he would hate her more now but she was okay with it.  If she denies, her parents would be ready with another groom for her and she never wanted that to happen after her encounter with her past. So she decided to give this marriage a chance which brought wide smile on the beautiful faces  of her parents and his parents. But she was feeling happy at the same time she was feeling pathetic.

   Who will prefer a groom who is love with someone else ? No one right! But she did. "Can my love alone be enough for their marital bond to progess ? Or will my love turn his hatred into love ?" She preferred the second option as she always wanted a Hate - Love stories, which was her favourite genre and she wanted such story for her as well.   This way her denial turned into approval.

     The make up artist finished her final touch up. " Thank you Mila." She admired her appearance in the huge mirror. The simple Off-white with golden works, Anushree Reddy's Lehenga made her look elegant.

Sanyukta's outfit

Sanyukta's outfit

    How beautiful and slim she has turned into making thousands of hearts flutter at her single look. She sighed disappointed seeing her to-be-fiance's strong piercing gaze carrying nothing but hatred. Did he even look at her ? No. Like every girl, even She dremt of her wedding. She wanted it to happen hell crazy in her style. The groom She wanted was sitting there performing the rituals wearing a Greyish Black Sherwani with a blank face. She knew her engagement would be no fun but now it made her feel pathetic. She shrugged and sat next to him for performing the rituals.

     As soon as they finished offering prayers to God, they were offered beautiful platinum rings carved with each other's name. ( A similar one displayed in the picture above ) She admired the beautiful engraving of the name that sounded more beautiful to her. She happily slid the bigger one in his finger and she titled her face to have a glimpse of him but his eyes oozed fire and his sharp gaze pierced her soul thereby turning her happy smiling face into a pathetic one. It was his turn and she forwarded her hand hesitatingly. "I hate you" he whispered yelled and harshly pushed the beautiful ring with his into her ring finger making her wince and marking her as a prey to his hatred.

    The crowd cheered for their 'namesake' loveless relationship which only they knew. Somewhere she was so happy seeing him behave so nicely with her parents. "Are you happy Sanyu." came their mutual best friend's voice. She smiled at him. Nl friend of theirs were invited due to his insistence except for her close friend and his best friend who was her friend as well. "Yes Parth. Finally I'm into the right track. Everything I dreamt of turned into reality. Everything has fallen in place. " She smiled faintly at him having a the slightest idea of the roller coaster ride she stepped herself into. " You are a good girl Sanyukta. You deserve happiness. Don't lose yourself while bringing him back to his old self. Stand for you first." He patted her back. She smiled and nodded in return.

     Her life has taken an unimaginable turn these few days. She sighed. Never in her life she imagined him to be her fiance. How much she craved for him during her college days but she controlled herself  knowing about his love life. She always dreamt of him and now that turned into reality but be hates her. She smiled sadly.

     Her friends pulled her with them to the dining area giving a break to her thoughts. "Sanyu and Jiju, you guys have to share a single plate."her little cousin spoke with a teasing smile making her gulp her saliva. "Hey Bhagwan bachalo mujhe." She looked at him from the corner of her eyes. He was busy murdering the huge dinner plate with his strong sight. " Shiya.. Don't play such games. Get me another plate." She scolded her. Her mother came for her cousin's rescue. "I won't eat anyone jhuta maa.." He chocked on the water he was drinking and her mother glared her and gave her a 'What are you talking' look as if she said a cuss word. " No ifs and buts, I want you guys to feed each other." Another aunty from the crowd spoke. How she wished to murder each and every lady present there to witness their so called romantic moment of feeding eachother. Only she knew how 'romantic' it will be with her heart in her throat. She forwarded a spoonful of noodles near his mouth and he gulped it giving her his usual rough look. To satisfy his growling tummy, something is better than nothing, he thought. That night they had their dinner feeding each other.

     "Gear up for the Dj night. " One of their friends shouted and the silent buzzing area was thumping with loud music. He gave a throaty groan expressing his disinterest. Even she was least interested to dance in her own engagement party. Theirs wasn't a normal marriage. How much she loved and imagined her marriage to be. She wanted to dance whole heartedly and crazily but alas! She sat with her heavy heart on one of the chairs next to him returning him his tough look.

    At the end of the day, she was engaged to the one she lost her heart with her parents approval.

To be continued

Vote and Comment.