Chapter 17 - The Paroxysm

(No proof Reading. You may encounter grammatical and typo errors. Pardon if you find any mistake in my Hindi.)

"Randhir your phone is ringing continuously. Pick it up na" She hit him but he was busy sleeping soundly hugging her tight. "Randhir.." she sleepily called him again. She grabbed his phone with a lot of struggle and swiped the green button. "Saale.. Why didn't you come to office today?" Parth barked on the other side. "Kaun hai? Parth?" She blinked her eyes several times to wipe away the sleepiness. "Sanyukta? Tum dono ghar mein kya kar rahe ho? Randhir kahan hai?" He sounded confused. "Ghodhe bechke so raha hai" she mouthed. "What? Oh you guys are having a mini honeymoon in your house ?" He said sarcastically. "Idiot. Go to hell bye" she hung up. "Randhir buffalo. Utho." She nearly pushed him away waking him up in the process. "Parth ka call aaya. Where is the lunch." She asked him. "In the kitchen. I got it while you were sleeping" he yawned. "Okay you come after talking to him. I'll go and plate the food." She lazily walked to the kitchen.

   "Motiii. Where are you?" He called her. "Come to the terrace Sadu" she yelled. "What are you doing here ?" He asked her sitting beside her on the shady swing. The food was placed at one corner and she sat there with her hands outstretched. "First rain of the season" she said ebulliently. Her face radiated happiness and he looked happy looking at her. They ate in silence admiring the drizzle. "What about a long ride ?" He asked her after wiping his face. "Seriously?" She gleamed and he nodded smilingly. "Yay. Ajao" She literally jumped out to the garage. He shook his head smiling at her excitement and moved out after locking the door. They took their respective seats in the car and he accelerated his car in jet speed alacritously.

   "Sadu.. Your playlist is so bad" she made a face. "Arey! Tasteless woman." He pulled a face. "What. No melodies. No romantic songs. No hindi songs. What a playlist. damn just like you." She knocked out her tongue. "What do you mean by just like me ?" He glared her. "Kya? It is. No energy no feel. Sukha sukha. Show this bhayanak look of yours somewhere else." She twitched her nose. "Ekdum Annoying Pagal Ladki" He grumbled. People usually find this weather and the long ride romantic but we are fighting like hell. How stupid.  Both thought and their lips curved up.

     She connected her mobile to the car's sound system. 'Tum hi ho' started echoing in the whole inner surface of the car. She smiled listening to the soothing voice of Arijit. That was her favorite song. Why not? It makes goosebumps erupt. 

The lyrics made his stomach churn. He was feeling a different sensation.

"Randy!" She hugged him tightly. "What's this name now. I don't like it." He made a balloon face. He stood with his back resting up on the railing of his apartment with the guitar in his hands. "Aw! Mera Randy" she giggled again pecking his cheeks. "Play me a song" She commanded. "Your wish is my command my Highness" he giggled returning her peck. "Tum hi ho." She said sitting in front of his on the bamboo chair. "Yes" he cheerfully started playing. "I love it when you play this song. Promise me you will play this everyday to me without getting bored till the end." She caught hold of his hands. He took her in his embrace. " I don't know why you get so emotional listening to this". "I don't know. This song makes my heart heavy." He cocooned her more tightly in his embrace. "I promise because Hum tere bin reh nahi sakte." He imitated Arijit. "I won't leave you forever Randhir. You are my life" She spoke muffled hugging him tighter.

"Stop it" He yelped in agony making her petrified. "WhhWhat?" She asked him muffled. "Change the song. Damn it" ye yelled on top of his voice and she immediately put a period to the music playing. He ran his fingers through his hair closing his blood-shot eyes. The drizzle turned into a heavy downpour and drenched them due to the open windows. She was looking at him flabbergasted and pusillanimously because she knew that angry Randhir can be terrific at times. "Leave me alone" His consuming voice came out silently and she moved out of the car standing in the middle of the deserted road. She was able to understand that his past was troubling him but she was helpless. He slowly let the hot fluid jump out of his eyes down his face at a rapid rate. She looked at his drenched face and stood by the window. After many a minute, he turned his face sideways and witnessed the girl who was enjoying the water droplets childlike. She looked indeed like a mannequin with her casual clothes sticking to her body like a second skin. He unlocked the car and called her softly. He was guilty making her drench in rain all alone. His past was long forgotten and all the old thoughts were replaced by his worry for Sanyukta. He went and stood beside her making her look keenly at him. "Kya dekh rahi ho?" He asked her. "Kyun iss Devdas ka chehra utra hua hai?" She chuckled making him chuckle as well. "Sanyukta I'm Sorr.. " He was cut off by her. "I'm bored Randhir. Bored with your sorry. Friendship.. Oops Enmity mein no sorrys allowed." She warned him making him give her a bone-crushing hug. "I shouldn't have been harsh in you." He started speaking. "It happens. Just cry your heart out Randhir." She rubbed his back soothing him. "I loved her way too much Sanyukta. We used to hate each other but gradually we fell in love. It was in the 8th grade, we went into a relationship and it strengthened with time. She used to get angry if I don't study. So I studied hard. I topped the exams. You know right, till the end of college we were together. Even our parents were tired warning us and gradually they too accepted. We used to hang out during our free time. One day, I went for Bangalore for the interview and I was selected. I was so happy and before sharing this happy news with my parents, I wanted to share it with her. She picked up my call and congratulated me. I don't know what was wrong. Her voice was not like before. She seemed unhappy. I didnt know why. That was the start of my nightmare." He let out the tears flow down. "Sssh.. it's Okay." She was unable to breathe due to his tight embrace. "My parents were there at the station to receive me. I smiled looking at them but one phone call of her's broke my happy bubble. She said she was unhappy with the pay I will be receiving. She said that will put her parent's reputation and stake. I still remember her words Sanyukta. I am breaking up with you Randhir. I thought you will be getting a good company that would match my parent's reputation but no. My marriage is fixed with my brother's friend, one of the richest in town. I'm breaking up with you. These were the last words she spoke and I broke down then and there not caring about the surroundings infront of my parents. She ditched me." His lacrimal hot fluid was felt by her on her shoulders. She caressed his back trying to control her own sob. "She wanted me to play Tum hi ho for her everyday. She even asked me for a promise of lifetime Sanyukta but voh chali gayi. But I am neither able to move on nor refrain myself from loving her. I love her a lot" He added piercing the heart of the one in his arms so badly. Tears escaped her eyes. After so many minutes of being in each other's embrace, he asked her "Can we go home." bringing her out of her reverie. "Devdas bankar mat ghumo. There is a surprise for you." She sat on the driver's seat commanding him to sit beside her. "I want to live" He told her keeping his hands on his chest. "Shut up" she gave him a fierce look and zoomed away.

To be continued.

What do you think the surprise is ?
Give your sweet reviews.

I'm sorry sunshine_girl1_ for not keeping up my promise so I specially dedicate this part for you my friend. ❤️

Thank you my beautiful readers for your beautiful comments on the previous part. Indeed, I'm overwhelmed ❤️ This part is dedicated to you guys as well.