Chapter 29 - The Plan and Execution

At 8pm,

"Sanyukta come sooon." Vidushi barked on the phone and hung up. Sanyukta smirked stuffing her old Louis Vuitton bag with pepper spray and a paper knife. She looked ethereal and simple in a pearl embellished cocktail dress with black stilettos and a thin bracelet hanging around her right wrist.

"Yes I'm here

"Yes I'm here.." She chuckled taking her seat. "You look hell pretty man" Vidushi complimented her and the car zoomed to the venue.

Few hours before,

"Parth I've signed the petition. I want divorce from him. Kindly ask him to sign the same." Sanyukta spoke in a frigid tone making him flabbergasted. After getting the slightest idea of what would have happened, he decided to confront Randhir regarding the same but Sanyukta was too adamant to let him free from their marital bond. Parth and Vidushi tried to knock some senses into her system but in vain. A single call from her friend did the work  which her friends were unable to do. "Dhanush Called.." Sanyukta indicated Parth. "I asked him to find all the whereabouts of Ritika. He is such a great Stalker. Ritika is married and is having a husband and a kid. How dare she abandon them and try to break us apart ?" Sanyukta was startled at the evil act of Ritika but the vanished hope was reappearing. "There is one last chance." Sanyukta whispered. "Let's tell this to Randhir. Let's tell him that he's being cheated once again" Vidushi happily voiced. Sanyukta shook her head in negation. "Words will have no effect Vidushi when someone is under the spell of someone else..."Sanyukta sadly smiled. "Uh! What do you mean..?" Parth asked her perplexed. "Not with words but with actions this time."Sanyukta smirked unveiling her plan to the two sitting next to her.

"Randhir has booked a table for two in Canlis today on his and Ritika's name." Sanyukta sighed. "This guy is going too much." Vidushi barked. " Today is Ritika's birthday I guess." Parth spoke slowly. "Let's make this birthday of her's the happiest." Sanyukta fisted her palm.  "So Sanyukta you have booked a table in Canlis at the same time." Parth asked her quizzically. "Yes I'm going there with Vidushi and Parth it's your job to bring her husband and her son if possible to Canlis." Sanyukta spoke. "But are they here in Seattle..?" Parth questioned her again. "Yes they are. He has some physical ailment it seems and they are here for the treatment. I want you to get him." Sanyukta spoke confidently to which he nodded in approval. "Suppose, if you are unable to get them here, I'll attack them with chloroform and pepper spray. Not Randhir, I know he would atleast come with me. Or I'll be having one paper knife handy." Sanyukta gave a faint smile that dripped with longingness. "Isn't this idea childish ?" Parth chuckled. "At times childish ideas work out Parth. We don't need big big master plans that usually flop to capture the cheat who is good for nothing." She said. "Don't lose hope. He'll be yours." Parth patted her back lovingly. "I don't care if he doesn't accept me. I'm fed up seriously. But atleast I want him to know the truth. For the promise I made to his mum, the promise of getting him to the right track, I should do this." She gave her reply. "Okay so be ready at 8pm. I'll pick you up." Vidushi hugged Sanyukta and Parth took the address of the hospital from Sanyukta and they retired to their abode leaving Sanyukta drown in the recent sorrow of her life.

At 9pm.

"Sanyukta are you sure the plan will work ?"Vidushi asked her friend quizzically. "It will Vidushi. No worries. Let's be optimistic" Sanyukta smiled as the car got parked . Before her heel tip could touch the ground, she saw Randhir and Ritika walk together inside. "He doesn't even care to inform me. He didn't even finish his sentence you know. " Vidushi wiped her friend's eyes before her Kohl would smudge. "A few minutes, a bomb will be dropped on the dumbhead. You don't worry babe." Vidushi gave her friend a comforting hug. "Thank you" she mewled in her lowest possible voice.

As per the plan, they got seated a few tables away from them. Randhir pulled out a chair for Ritika and held her hand. They both sat on their respective seats and exchanged smiles adding fuel to the already burning fire. "Too much of smiles. Idiots." Vidushi cursed them looking at Sanyukta who turned her face sideways unable to look at them. "He never pulled out a chair for me. We normally don't date. I was actually a best friend to him. Friend with limited benefits." Her insecurities were coming out in words. "Don't fall weak. You have to be strong girl." Vidushi cheered up her friend who was ready to break down any moment.

It was half past ten, Parth wasn't turning up and they have already finished the started and waiting for dinner in the posh restaurant. With an untouched lemon juice on the table, Sanyukta was anticipating the arrival of her friend, watching the entrance time and again, to execute her plan. It was a do or die situation. Vidushi on the other other was dialling Parth but the call failed to connect. "Shit! What is happening Sanyukta." Vidushi knew they were in deep waters when she saw Randhir asking out Ritikas hand for a dance. They two took a turn and faced their table directly. Vidushi and Sanyukta immediately masked their faces with a Muslin cloth watching them vanish from the sight. "After their dinner, we must execute our alternate plan, that is the Pepper Spray." Vidushi whispered but that fell into deaf ears since Sanyukta was witnessing the dance of her husband and his ex in a close proximity. Her welled up reddish eyes were ready to flow. After a few minutes, they came towards their table and their not so cute hug happened and before Vidushi could even comprehend her move, Sanyukta stood up in an instant and swiftly proceeded towards their table who were about to break the hug looking at someone near the entrance. Vidushi turned left to see a wheel chair entering into the restaurant but there was no sign of Parth. It was too late. The face off happened. One was shocked and the other was broken beyond repair.

To be continued.