Chapter 26 - The Hit-back

The eerie silence engulfed the whole room. Randhir was at one corner unable to decide what to do next. His life was jumbled between Sanyukta and Ritika. All he wanted was peace to prevail. Parth on the other hand was looking keenly at Randhir trying to decipher what he was thinking. After taking is good time, Randhir opened his mouth, "Let her in" he whispered which made Parth jump on his place. "What? Are you serious? I mean.. Are you sure?" He asked. "Yes. I want her in now." Parth never wanted Randhir to end up with Ritika but Randhir here was adamant to let her in. 'One glance of Ritika makes him lose his cool but this guy wants to talk to her now?' Parth sighed walking out of the room  only to see Annie pleasing the adamant Ritika to move out of the house. "Annie. You go to the kitchen. Ritika, Randhir is calling you. Go to his room." Ritika smiled. "Dare you make him lose his cool" Parth warned. Ritika nodded and ran up to his room. Parth, on the other hand, prayed fearing the worst.

   "Ran.. Randhir" Ritika stammered peeping into the room. "Come in" He said in his gruff voice. "Sit down" He looked at her from head to toe. She was not the same Ritika. She was looking pale and a little thinner. "Randhir I'm sorrryyyy.. I'm so sorry. Can you please forgive me. I know I don't deserve to be forgiven " He was shocked looking at her kneeling in front of him with her palms on his feet. "What's all this Ritika..?" He shouted making her sit up straight. He passed her the tissue box and sat opposite to her looking at the tear stricken face full of guilt. "I forgive you Ritika. But I cannot forget those memories we created together. I cannot forget the promise you made to me. I cannot forget the pain my parents experienced seeing me  broken. I can never forget  the cries of my mother who comes to my room soon after I pretend to doze off. You know how many  sleepless nights I have experienced. I turned into a machine Ritika. The memories can be erased but the scars can never be healed." He spoke calmly. "I know Randhir. I know. Ours was true love.. " "Don't. Don't call it love. It wasn't love. Atleast from your side." He was enraged. "I'm sorry. Randhir. Please. I beg for forgiveness. I beg you.." Her sobs grew louder. "I don't entertain enemity Ritika. I want to end this once and for all. You are the sole reason for who I'm  today. I wouldn't have been an intelligent person in a good profession if you wouldn't have pushed  me to study hard that  day. I'm grateful to you for that. I forgive you." Randhir spoke wiping her tears and she looked into his eyes.

After many a minute of silence she mouthed hesitantly. "Do you still Love me Randhir." Ritika asked him without matching his gaze. She was sure that he will be so angry with the question of hers but he just smiled. "Till yesterday, Nope, till this moment, I was thinking that I loved you. But I'm wrong. No, I have an angel in my life who has conquered my whole system. I'm sorry Ritika, I don't feel the same. I was so cruel to my wife, my life. I was not giving her a chance in my life all because of the promise I made to you. She is one innocent soul. I'm a married man now. There's no other woman in my life and I'm her's. "Randhir smiled proudly whispering the last statement in his heart.  Ritika was shocked looking at him. "You have a wife ?" "Yes. I guess that is not important now." Randhir arrogantly replied.

Many a minutes dies down and the two were seated uncomfortably. They need to sort it out, both thought. Ritika was the first one to break the silence."Karma is a boomerang." He looked at her. She smiled sadly at him with welled up eyes. "I loved you really true. But I was more career minded. I wanted to achieve great heights. I wanted to achieve my dreams. I was selfish. That's the reason I made you to study to win my parents trust. You studied so hard, so well. During the final days of college, I was so fortunate to get a placement in one of the top most companies. But you succeeded in getting a job only at XYZ, a mediocre company. You were happy. I was dejected and I cried feeling ashamed. That day, after our graduation, my parents made me meet Shashank Ahuja, my father's friend's son, a wealthy person at the age of just 24. He had an empire running under him. I don't know what to answer my parents when they asked me about your job. I felt pathetic. I revealed that we broke up. That inhuman activity of mine led them to hitch me with Shashank. I thought I can stand with my head up high after marrying him. So I agreed. I hated living with him at first, I was too dominant, too selfish to let you go. At that time, I never realized. I was the dominant one, he used to budge to my every command. But I fell for his charm gradually. Love does happen twice, I realised. I never wanted to lose him because of my selfishness, like I did to you. The day I was pregnant, I lost my job. I was termed a cheat due to few people at my office. They claimed that I cheated them in favour of Ahujas. But I was all cool, I came home. I was so happy to break this awesome piece of news to my husband. I found him getting paralysis attack as soon as I reached home. I realised that the Ahujas were thrown out of business by other companies who joined their hands together. I admitted him at the hospital but he was denied admission and this caused him to go paralytic life long. We lost all the wealth and relations. My father expired a month before this incident. I had my mother with me. We used all our property to pay the debts.  In short the Ahujas were destroyed. My mother worked in a small sales company despite her illness till my delivery. I was not granted a job inspite of my good academic records. I suffered an abnormal delivery. I found a job as a bar tender luckily to aid my child and my husband. I was so thankful to God Randhir. I deserve all these. I deserve everything for what I did to you.. I ." She hugged him with all her might. He himself was petrified listening to her tale. He himself shed silent tears. Did she deserve a way too much for what she did to him? 

  "Ritikaa.. Your Ch..Child." He was hesitant. "He is alive Randhir. He is three year old. I have named him Karan. The name which you wanted to name our kid.  Celeberal Palsy. He is affected with Celebral Palsy. He finds it difficult to move his limbs. He is one active kid Randhir. I thank God that the major part of his brain isn't affected. I thank God for giving him to me hale and healthy unlike other kids suffering from celebral palsy . People wanted me to abort him. I don't wanted to commit another sin. I made your mother cry, and now god has made me cry. Your one forgiveness is enough to let me live guilt free. " She smiled coming out of his embrace. "I'm sorry Ritz" Randhir was feeling so sorry for not being there for her atleast as a friend. "No. Don't be. Now tell me about your wife. Should I not talk about her ?" She asked at him smiling. "Haha. No. You can. We can be friends atleast you know. I don't want to further taint our bond. You love your husband and I love.. " He stopped realising his words. She threw a curious gaze at his direction. "You are not living with her because of the promise you made to me." Ritika asked him. "No. I mean. Yeah .. but not anymore. I want her at any cost now." He whispered. "Randhir..." She shook him bringing him back to the earth. "Where is she.?" "Um. She's in London. For a meeting.. This is her picture. She was my college classmate. " He showed her his phone's wallpaper. "Hey. I've seen her man. She's so beautiful. " Ritika smiled. "Indeed she is." Randhir smiled as well. "You love her damn so much." Ritika told him again making him go into a deep thought. "Do I ?" He asked himself but chucked the thoughts. "Ritz, why don't you join my company." Randhir asked her. "Um.. No please. Still I have the old Ritika traits in me. I don't want favour man." She laughed. "I'm neither favouring or doing charity here, You are eminent and I want you in our company. My boss is my friend. You can attend the interview. If he feels you are deserving, he would grant you this job." Randhir shrugged his shoulders. She smiled looking at him. "I'll take my leave. Thank you so much Randhir. I feel happy after a long time." Randhir smiled. 'Even I feel happy. I want my Sanyukta back to me again. I'll make it up to her.'
"BYE." "Ill drop you. And you need to introduce me to Karan." Randhir smiled. "Sure. Thanks. Come." They both made their way out.

    "What are they doing in.. ? It's already been two hours" Parth was walking to and fro deciding to knock the door of his room. The door clicked open and Randhir came out with Ritika. He seemed happy. Ritika was smiling as well. Parth face fell looking at them like that. "Parth. I'll be back after dropping Ritz" Randhir rushed out and Ritz followed bidding a bye to the highly perplexed Parth. "What is happening ? Are they back together ? What about Sanyukta..? Oh god. That poor soul must be sad there. " Parth facepalmed dialling Sanyukta. "The Number you are trying to call is currently switched off." The automated voice made Parth hit his head. Randhir, Ritika, Sanyukta were making him nuts. He wanted Randhir to realise his love for Sanyukta. But everything out there was topsy turvy.

Tbc

A long part for waiting patiently. Love you guys. :)

Vote and comment ❤️