Chapter 9 - The Apology

The racing heart came to an abrupt stop seeing her in the hospital bed with a huge bottle of glucose injected into her veins. " It was so irresponsible of you Mr. Shekhawat " the doctor snorted angrily. The doctor who was supposedly his friend found out an unconscious Sanyukta while driving home in a deserted place. Luckily, she guessed her to be her friend's wife. "Lisa is she okay ?" Dr. Lisa narrowed her eyes listening to you. "Why do you care Ron ?" She grumbled checking Sanyukta's pulse. "I know what I did was wrong. Don't make me more guilty Lis" He rubbed his palms. "She is fine. She'll be conscious within a hour." She said and looked at him who was extremely guilt-stricken. "Treat her with healthy food. The change of air pressure caused a build up of gas in her body. Moreover lower levels of Oxygen in blood led to Hypoxia which left her feeling dizzy, fatigued and with headaches." He nodded in approval and bid adieu to Lisa.

    The fervent smell of the medicines made her twist her nose. She wearily opened her eyelids only to have a blurred view of the environment. After her eyes adapted to the light, she realised that she was on top of the white striped hospital bed. She turned her head sideways only to witness her day old husband snoring softly keeping his head sideways on the cushioned chair. She adored his serene stubbled face that depicted nothing but innocence. She tried to move her arm but gave a sharp, shrill outcry due to the extreme pain she felt because of the injection. Her shriek gave a period to his slumber and he woke up in aghast. "Calm down. I'll call the nurse." He carresed her tresses and moved out. The day's happenings came clouding into her system and she realised that the tenuous bond they share is full of hatred from his side. The glucose bottle was safely removed and the portion was bandaged. He wanted her to  show that he was really Sorry. His eyes spoke volumes but she avoided looking at him. He wanted to lend her a helping hand seeing her struggling to walk but her action stopped him in his track. She showed him her palm and began to walk with the help of the nurse.

   He helped her to safely sit in the car inspite of her cringes and he himself accomodated the driver's seat and started the engine. The drive to their home was silent. She was upset with him. Her expectation led to her disappointment. "You know him well Sanyukta. Despite that you expected something from him. You are a fool." Her conscience mocked her. She herself decided to play the stupid game of hatred closing the doors of her heart. He, on the other hand, was fighting his inner turmoil. " Why do I need to apologize. I had perfectly warmed her before." He thought. "But you shouldn't have taken advantage of that state of her's. " His heart put some sense in his system. "Will you make her life hell even after this incident ? She is an intruder." His brain warned him. "This is only because of humanity. What I did today was wrong and so I should apologize. This won't decrease my hatred towards her." He concluded.

They finally reached their home. She tried to get down but in vain. He shook his head looking at her stubborn attitude and immediately lifted her in his arms. She struggled to get out of his hold. "Chodo Mujhe. Dont show this fake concern okay. I was a fool to believe you." She was rambling a lot making him lose his patience. "Arey! Chup!" He yelled at her thereby shutting her mouth. He silently placed her on the couch and switched on the lights. She was mesmerised looking at the beauty the house carried. The wooded flooring was so beautifully done and the walls were embedded with beautiful pictures of his family and friends. All were picturesque. She was admiring the beauty and serenity the house carried while he made himself busy in the kitchen.

"I know to cook  only this." He frigidly spoke with his usual tough voice. She looked at the bowl of White rice Salad with cranberry and mint and a plate of beagles. "Typical Angrez" She mouthed twisting her lips. "Kya bola?"He frowed but she ignored his cringe and concentrated on the food. She was unable to move her hand but hesitated asking him for help. "Iski stubbornness toh dekh. Atleast she could ask me." He grabbed the spoon and fork harshly and started feeding her and she avoided his gaze due to embarrassment and helplessness. "Thanks" without even listening properly to her, he left her taking the plates with him to the kitchen.

After the tasteless supper feeding scene, she asked him "Where is my room ?" "My bad! You need to share a room with me." He said and she looked baffled. "Not again. Dont  tell me you have only one room in your house which is even mine now" She folded her arms in front of her and gave him a slight smirk. He rolled his eyes and moved to the room leaving her jaws hang at his zero response. She quickly climbed on the bed changing into her comfys. "Drink the milk and then sleep." He order and turned to sleep. She took the huge coffee mug uninterested and started sipping the milk that she dislikes without showing any tantrum for the first ever time making faces. He chuckled silently. After finishing the mug, a sticky note caught her eyes in the dim light of the night lamp. " I'm Sorry. Please forgive me." was written on the note in a beautiful handwriting. She looked at him who faked sleep and looked at the note. She took out a pen and scribbled something and kept it on the same place. With a smile, she pulled the quilt up till her face and drifted off to a sweet slumber.

To be continued.