Chapter 16 - The Exuberant Hoodwink

The execrable sound of his mobile ringing continuously horned in her prolonged siesta. She moved her free hand in order to locate the hard something that she gets tangled to every night. She gave a groan unable to find him near her and she was able to feel only the soft pillow that was buried deep with her legs. She hastily opened her eyes and scanned the whole room to find the familiar one. She again turned towards the wall clock that showed 12.25 pm that blew her away. She kept her hands on her forehead hissing due to the mild headache. "Randhir" she mewled feebly. "He must have gone to the office." She remembered. "Oh god" She tried to get up. "Here" his strident voice made her look at him clueless. "You didn't go to office ?" She asked him meeky. He gave her his usual fierce look. "What did I do now ?" She looked all muddled up. "Argh this headache. I don't remember anything." She pouted sadly at him. "Have this tablet" he forwarded her the Advil and a glass of water to help her from the hangover.

She looked so clumsy and under the weather. Moreover his tough look was not at all helping. "Randhir. Bolo na." She cringed. "Why did you drink despite me warning you" He sat opposite to her on the bed. "Voh.. I am sorry na" she held her ears and pouted. "This won't work. I didnt ask you for Apology." He told her sternly. She was irked with his frigid attitude. "Randhir. I'm an independent woman. You cannot control me because you married me." She told him dissonantly making him lose his cool. "It's me who brought you here. INDEPENDENT yeah right. The one who doesn't know to handle oneself after drinking is independence right. It was my mistake. Seriously my mistake. I should have left you there in the club. Just imagine Sanyukta, what would have happened if I had left you all alone in the pub. Enough is enough. I shouldn't have stayed. I'm going to the office." Saying so he stormed out of the room bolting the door harshly.

"Sanyukta what have you done." She slapped her forehead sadly. "It is my mistake. He helped me and I being an idiot spoke rubbish about independence and all." She mewled. She moved out of their room in search of him and saw him making something in the kitchen. "Randhir.." he ignored her presence. "Please. This hangover is already irksome. I should have listened to you Randhir. I'm sorry I lost control over my words." She felt extremely sorry. "Randhir" she held his shoulders. "Eat this you will feel better." He gave her a cup of honey mixed with apple cider and ginger and a cup of strong coffee. "Forgave na?" He nodded and she took the cups from him smiling. "Thank you but I extremely hate ginger. " She expressed her disinterest lamblike. His one angry look, she gulped the whole cup making awful faces making him chuckle. "Randhir It tastes yuck." She told him nauseatingly. He pushed a small bar of chocolate into her mouth.

After good ten minutes of relishing the aromatic coffee, she followed him to their room to ask him about the previous night that was nagging her from the time she woke up. "You kissed me." He told her suddenly that made her yank her head towards him with a pale face. "Whhattt" She was shocked beyond wits and he smirked moving out of the room silently. "What have you done Sanyukta." She sat there unable to gauge what he said. "How will I face him"she felt pathetic and so low. "I won't drink hereafter." She hit the pillow on her head once, twice, thrice... "What are you doing ?" Randhir who was eavesdropping amd chuckling silently standing behind the door stormed inside the room making her hell nervous. "Enough is enough Sanyukta. Face the devil." She mentally decided to look at him. "So? Consider yourself lucky." She said making his smirk grow. "Oh! Can the luck knock my door once again?" He asked coming closer. "Nope" she crossed her arms turning her head. He laughed his heart out keeping his hand on his stomach. "You were fooling me right ? You cheat" She hit him with the pillow. "You kissed me Aggarwal" he again giggled. "Shut up Cheater cock." She hit him again. He lied down on his side of bed. "Zyada dimag mat lagao Moti. So jao" he said pulling the quilt over his torso. "Lunch ? Mujhe bhook lagi hai." She pouted. "Ordered" he mumbled and she fell on her side. He opened his arms and she moved to his side resting her head on his arm and pretended to sleep. "You kissed me motu." He again chuckled. "Whatever. I hate you" she hit him with her palm. "The feeling is always mutual" he mumbled and they both dozzed off in each other arms.

To be continued.