Chapter 22 - The Aftermath

The tress alongside the road swayed it's branches due to the heavy breeze accompanied by drizzles. The car was moving slowly in the deserted road at the midnight hour through the pitch dark lanes. The magic that happened a while ago created a havoc in their senses. That was heat of the moment, they tried to calm their inner turmoil chanting the same. Both weren't unaware of their newly bloomed feelings towards each other. One pretended to sleep in order to avoid the embarrassement that engulfed the two and the other concentrated on driving, fighting with the inner monsters. 'He will be surely regretting it' Her brain chanted mercilessly making her cheeks get back their original color by making the pinkish hue fade away. Her widened lips went back in shape. She looked at him through the corner of her eyes whose eyes were transfixed on the road. She opened her mouth after a long pause but closed the next moment finding it difficult to strike a conversation. She again closed her eyes sighing assuming that he is super mad zover their act. 'That wasn't your mistake Sanyukta. That was his'' She bit her lips in nervousness accepting her heart.

On the other hand, though his eyes were transfixed on the road, his whole mind was occupied by what happened a few minutes back. The feel of her soft lips still lingered on his lips. He found it highly strenuous to keep his eyes on the road and not to look at her. Did he regret the kiss ? Definitely not and he was perplexed regarding the same. Kissing her have him pleasure. He didn't even flinch a bit but blissfully took her lips into a swooning kiss minutes before. They both were deeply drowned into the moment which was halted by the halt of the ride. They silently moved away not looking at each other till they took their seats in the car. 'Satisfaction' wad the only thing he got from their sweet intimate moment and nothing bad. He was surprised that she was able to calm him. He felt complete and he himself was unsure about how she was able to bring him to such a state with the complete consent of his mind and heart. She overpowered him totally and he smiled thinking the same.

"I am Sorry" came her muffled voice after few minutes that made him turn his head towards her finally. "Don't abandon me" She sniffed. 'Abandon'. Now where did that come from? He frowned stopping the car as her sniffs turned wilder. "Sanyukta are you mad ?"He looked like her as if she was an alien. "I know you are angry. I know you will divorce me soon. I know you'll hate me." She wiped her nose on her sleeves. He was shocked but smiled the next moment scratching his nape. "It was me who kissed you and I don't regret. " He mouther pulling her for a bear hug and she sniffed more. "Stop crying" He ruffled her hair smiling. She snuggled into him more and started chucking making his gasp. "Are you alright Sanyukta ?" He distanced her from him. "It was just a drama to gain your attention. You are so stubborn Shekhawat." She giggled. He started the car twitching his nose. "I am sorry but really you made me afraid. I really thought you'll hate me" He shook his head in disbelief. "You are seriously mad." He chuckled and concentrated on his driving. "By the way, I don't mind doing it again" He smirked with his eyes on the road. "Doing what?" She yawned but bit her lips the next moment understanding his words. "Don't do that. I can help you by replacing your teeth with my lips" He smirked making her faded pink colour appear again but more pinkish this time.

"Randhir.." She called him in a serious voice. "Hmm..." He hummed hugging her tight and closing his eyes. After a tiresome yet amazing day, they were on their bed to gain some sleep. Randhir was cuddling his teddybear but she seemed lost. "I want to tell you something. I wanted to tell this after your Birthday." She bit her lips in nervousness fearing his reaction. She held his forearm and he opened his eyes and looked intently at her. "I am going to London the next week." She sighed. "I didn't want to spoil your mood by telling this to you before your birthday." She said meekly waiting for him to speak and he immediately felt guilty. He misunderstood her and he felt so sorry. He apologetically looked at her. "I know this. You left your ticket while stuffing your bag few days before. I'm sorry Sanyukta. I misunderstood you since you didn't tell me about this." He sighed and his voice was all gloomy. "Oh. It's okay. Aren't you upset?" She asked him again. "This marriage and I will not be a hindrance to your dreams Sanyukta. It's just that I got habituated with you." He chuckled later and she smiled sighing in relief. "Thank you." She said and He kissed her forehead. "Will you miss me?" She asked him. "Why will I ? Few days of freedom.. Aaaah! Finally" he spread his arms and chuckled making her twitch her nose. "I'm not gonna leave you soon. Just for a few days. I'll be back to irritate you." She said tossing on the bed so close to him. He smiled looking at her childish face that carried nothing but innocence. He darted his eyes on her small stout nose and her pink cheeks. His sight finally landed on her lips which he claimed for the first time hours before. He felt an instant urge to claim it once again and she just closed her eyes in bliss feeling his warm breath fanning her lips. He moved close to her and smiled as she gave in. He claimed her lips that was just his' for the second time, sucking the moisture from her sugary soft lips and she responded back. The mild kiss grew wild and the intensity increased. They stopped after few minutes of bliss to calm their uneven breath and relaxing their heated up frames in each other's arms until sleep overpowered them.

Tbc.

Dedicated to Ankita0392 ❤️
Thanks for those beautiful comments and reviews. Love ya :)