First Payment - Zuko

'I want you to be my personal servant during the time we travel.'

For the last couple of weeks you had been acting as Zuko's servant, which mainly consisted of bringing him his food, preparing his clothes and watching him practice his firebending on guards. Other than that you were just supposed to be near him so in case he needed something he could call for you, but on those occasions he usually asked someone else to do the job.

It wasn't like you minded being around him. At times you still could barely believe you were actually spending time with your not-so-fictional crush. However you knew you would have to return home someday so you tried not to get too attached to your new environment.

Up until today you were pretty successful. You had been preparing Zuko's clothes in the morning when he walked in wearing nothing but a towel. Before you realized your eyes had shamelessly roamed the prince's muscular upper body, still a little damp from the shower. Zuko, not used to girls checking him out (especially not ones as beautiful as you), felt a faint blush covering his cheeks. Feeling awkward under the sudden attention he coughed, waking you up from your trance resulting in your face turning redder than a tomato. You stuttered an apology and quickly made your way out of his room. Leaving Zuko slightly disappointed.

During the day you avoided Zuko as much as possible, feeling extremely ashamed for your behavior. It was a little difficult, considering you were his personal servant and it was your duty to be around him, but you were doing quite a good job. You even managed to prepare his night clothes without running into him.

Now you were in your own room, trying to fall asleep, but the thoughts of a certain someone kept you wide awake. You knew you couldn't avoid Zuko forever, but you were kind of hoping it was possible. At the same time you didn't mind spending time with him, you had gotten to know him as quite a nice and gentle person. His anger was easily triggered, but after meeting you he had never yelled at you again. In fact he genuinely seemed to put on a sweet façade around you.

A gentle knock on the door broke your stream of thoughts. You didn't answer, but the person on the other side of the door came in anyway. You shut your eyes, pretending to be asleep.

'I know you've been avoiding me all day', Zuko's voice sounded through the room, his footsteps approaching your bed. You continued pretending to be sleep, struggling to keep your breathing steady as you felt the bed dip beside you, indicating Zuko had taken a seat.

'You're so beautiful', he muttered. A hand, his hand, gently moved a few strands of hair away from your face, the unexpected tickle making your lips twitch ever so slightly. Either Zuko didn't notice this or he chose to ignore it because he continued speaking: 'I missed you today. I know you were there, but it wasn't the same. Usually you try to make conversation with me and I guess I enjoy that.' 'I'm also quite flattered with the way you were looking at me this morning.' Zuko stayed quiet for a few seconds before he spoke again 'part of me hopes we won't find a way to get you home soon because I don't want you to go. Another part of me wishes we because it might make you happy.'

Suddenly you felt a warm breath fan over your face and a pair of soft lips pressed against yours. As your eyes shot open Zuko already pulled back, his eyes meeting yours. Neither of you looked away as a blush spread over your cheeks. You slowly sat up leaving your faces only inches apart, your hands touched and from there on it was only a mere seconds until your lips collided again.

It's safe to say that from this day forward kissing Zuko was added to your list of obligations as a personal servant, although that title wasn't strictly kept either.

Quite a bit shorter than the last one. I'm not too sure if I like the way it turned out either. Anyway! Leave a comment to tell me what you think? :)