Revelation (Ba Sing Se: Part 2) - Zuko x Reader

The next day you excitedly skidded to work, happy to see Lee again after your night out. When you walked in the shop you first met Mushi who was working in the front, his smile grew wide when he saw your good mood but before you could go to the back he whispered that his nephew was much more tired than you seemed to be.

Once you walked in the backroom you immediately noticed the slumped figure in the chair, Lee hadn't noticed you yet with his eyes closed, head resting on the palm of his hand. You quietly made your way over to him and pressed a kiss to his cheek, causing his eyes to shoot open only to notice your close proximity, his cheeks turning a light pink.

'Good morning!', you smiled brightly, he hummed back something that sounded like the same greeting to you before the two of you got started on your jobs.

Halfway through the day something strange happened, two Earth Kingdom soldiers entered the shop and you were quick to serve them. They spoke of a strange group of kids, one possibly the avatar, attending the king's party a few days ago. The more you listened to their story, the more sense became of the conversations you had overheard from the locals. However before things became too interesting, a guy your age entered the shop, swords pointing directly at your two colleagues while exclaiming 'they're firebenders! I saw the old man heating his tea!'

The soldiers were quick to step into the scene, about to take the boy down before Lee stepped up, borrowing a pair of their swords and taking on the intruder before anyone could stop him.

'What was that about?', you asked once the boy had been taken care of and you were cleaning the now closed shop along with Lee.

'Nothing.'

His cold answer slightly stung, causing your movements to halt for a moment. Lee noticed this before sighing, 'my uncle and I met him during our trip here. He's a little messed up in the head, I guess.'

You nodded as you cheerfully spoke, 'likely. I mean of course we're heating up the tea and working with fire in here. We're a tea shop!'

'And I'm about to have my own tea shop in the upper ring of Ba Sing Se!' A sudden voice interrupted your conversation and before you could turn around Mushi had wrapped his nephew up in a tight hug, 'isn't that great, Lee! My dream is finally coming true! The Jasmine Dragon, that'd be a perfect name. Right, Y/N?' He turned to you, his eyes shining like a kid in the candy store and you smiled, feeling genuine happiness for the elder who seemed to have always wanted his own shop.

'That sounds great, Mushi. I'll make sure to visit you sometime!'

At this the man's face changed into utter confusion, 'you're not just visiting, I hereby offer you a job! I can't break up young love!' Smiling proudly at himself he nudged Lee who looked very uncomfortable next to his beaming uncle.

Much to yours and Mushi's disappointment, you couldn't take him up on the offer while you lived in the outer ring. Your boss, Pao, however was very happy when he learned he'd at least keep one third of his staff.

You'd have to say your goodbyes the same night. Mushi couldn't wait to get started on decorating his own tea shop and so he and Lee were leaving the next day. However before you could, your mind travelled back to the strange boy that accused Mushi and Lee from firebending. As much as you tried to shrug it off, the same familiar feeling you had felt a few days before returned. "Lee seemed so familiar, where have I seen that scar before?"

Suddenly you realized: it was the same scar the firebender that attacked Kyoshi island had, he was looking for the Avatar. "What was his name again?" Prince... Zuko?

"Still, that their scars look alike doesn't prove anything." Your heart tried to reason with your mind.

But your mind was sure to bring up more suspicious situations. During your date the other night, the lanterns had been lit with fire within a matter of seconds. There hadn't been anyone else around so it must've been Lee's doing, and he hadn't seemed to have moved from his spot.