Island girl - Sokka x Waterbender!Reader

Requested by @Bergerlover I believe, although I just realized I couldn't find the request comment anymore so I'm not sure if you were still expecting it. Anyway, it's here now and I hope it lives up to your expectations!  <3

C/N(1/2/3): Child's name

The eastern water tribe wasn't that well-known around the world. They lived on a small island, almost hidden away on any existing map. Therefore most people didn't know about their existence and thus didn't visit the water tribe. The people on the island were something different, like most waterbenders they had a kind and gentle caring nature to themselves. This was visible throughout their entire daily life, but they were different from the other tribes in their bending. The eastern waterbenders moved with a certain level of sophistication and grace that no other bending technique displayed.

It was one of the first things Sokka noticed as soon as he arrived to the tribe along with Aang and Katara. He was blessed with the sight of a girl, no older than himself, dressed in light clothing which covered less than he was used to around women. She was down to a beach, surrounded by glowing azure blue water, which seemed to glow more whenever she bended it. Katara had noticed the staring of her older brother and instead of teasing him about it like she usually would, she followed his gaze to see the H/C girl in the water.

'Sokka! Aang!', she exclaimed, catching both boys' attention, 'that girl! She's bending! She's bending water! Aang, we can finally have a water bending teacher!'

Sokka glanced over his excited sister for a moment before looking down again, only to see the girl have disappeared. He sighed to himself, she was so incredibly beautiful he hoped he'd see her again.

It wasn't long before they crossed paths with the mysterious waterbender, it turned out the girl Sokka had seen earlier was Y/N, one of the benders from the eastern water tribe. She was willing to show Katara and Aang a few bending techniques. However the group couldn't stay for more than two days considering they were on the run from the Firenation and had to make it to the Northpole.

Sokka spent a lot of timing watching Y/N teach his sister and young friend how to control the water. The way she moved amazed the young warrior. His sister always had to point out his longing gazes to the H/C girl though, even during practice she'd throw a small wave of water at him, something she was gradually mastering more accurately.

'Great job, you guys! How about you just practice these movements for a while, while I'll go grab some eh.. you know stuff', Y/N waved at her two students while waving her arms around. She just really wanted to spend some time with Sokka. She didn't wait for their replies as she quickly made her way over to the southern tribe boy whose eyes were already on hers. Y/N smiled at him and he smiled back.

'Your bending is amazing', Sokka told her when she was near him, making the H/C girl blush a little.

'Thank you', she hesitated for a moment, 'how would you like if I'd show you my favorite place on the island?'

That was the beginning of a beautiful connection between the two. However they parted after a mere two days again, each missing the other person for seemingly unexplainable reasons.

It wasn't till postwar when Sokka and Y/N met each other again. Sokka had given himself the very important job to visit the remote eastern island to announce the end of the war to them.

'Is this about the island girl we met there?', Katara asked him to which he didn't immediately reply, silently agreeing to his younger sister.

'I think they just deserve to know the war is over, even if they live there and weren't involved. When we had to crash stay there and you and Aang went on a little water bending adventure they obviously found out about the war so now we should let them know it's over', he deliberately avoided the question completely as he turned around and started packing some things. 'Can I take Appa?'