Pregnant travels (Protect you: Part 2) - Sokka x Pregnant!Reader

I think this was requested by a few people. Enjoy! <3

Travelling the world with the avatar on a flying bison wasn't easy, with several crazy firebenders chasing you this didn't become easier. However things became a lot more complicated when you did this with a growing life inside you. It messed with your hormones and caused several discomforts, as well as turning your boyfriend highly overprotective. Your days were filled with Sokka's worried voice, often telling you to be careful and watch out: 

'Don't get too close to the edge, Y/N! What if you trip and fall out of Appa's saddle?'

'No, you can't go swimming in that. What if you get a cold?! I mean, that can't be healthy for our baby right?!'

'Stay here, it might be too dangerous for you out there.'

However there was more to Sokka than this overprotective nature. He'd always make sure you had everything you needed and more. Sokka insisted you slept somewhere soft, either on himself, Appa or a doubled layer of sleeping bags. He'd always be near you, his battle instinct ready to protect you and his unborn child from any danger. Even when you were asleep, he'd have one of his arms wrapped around you, holding you tight against him.

Sokka would worry about anything and everything regarding you, regardless of the fact that your baby belly was barely even showing. The regular mood swings you had, as well as the severe and almost constant craving you had for fruit pies and soup, were a clear sign of your pregnancy.

Sokka tried his best to provide these things for you whenever he could, sometimes scolding his sister when she didn't manage to make the soup as tasty as he believed you deserved. It were these moments when you'd tell him it was okay and he didn't have to worry so much about you. He never really stopped though.

It was after the meeting with Bato that you became more accepting of your situation. When Sokka went ice (rock) dodging with Aang, Katara and Bato, he specifically told you to stay put at shore. You were incredibly angry with him for this, but obeyed nevertheless, watching from a safe distance how your boyfriend guided the ship through the sea of rocks.

The sight of the dangerous sea frightened you and it was this feeling that made you kind of glad he hadn't allowed you on the ship: you wouldn't have been able to think clearly. Your boyfriend seemed to have a better judgement of the situation though while you silently prayed for a safe ending of the situation. His confident posture on the ship told you that he knew what he was doing and he'd make it, no matter how tough the situation.

Upon his return to the shore, you quickly made your way over to him. Greeting him with a big kiss and a tight hug, 'I'm so proud of you, Sokka', you told him with a smile, 'you did it!'

It was for this reaction, Bako gave you the symbol of Support. 'A warrior needs a supportive wife, in this case girlfriend. Her trust and loyalty in him are what keeps us going when we're out at sea. You're a strong lady, Y/N and you'll make a great mother and wife someday.'

The Northpole

Sokka was relieved when the gang finally made it to the Northpole. You had a small baby belly showing at this point. The first thing Sokka did was take you to the healers, while Aang and Katara went on their way to find themselves a waterbending teacher.

'Are you okay to walk?', Sokka questioned for the third time in under five minutes.

'Yes, I'm fine', you replied curtly, growing annoyed with his constant worrying over your health.

'If you're not, I could always carry you, sweetheart.'

'Sokka! Just stop it for once! I said I'm fine, I've been alright for these last couple of weeks. I'm OKAY, I don't need your constant babysitting over me. We're on our way to the healers, because you SO badly need to know everything is alright. Well let me tell you. I. AM. FINE!' You yelled the last part at him, causing several people to turn around and watch the scene on the street.