Parenting (Protect You: Part 3) - Sokka x Pregnant!Reader

A/N: Guess what! Another one I forgot to publish, just even longer ago than the others... Sorry... :3

Requested by several people.

[B/N] = Baby's name

After several months of travelling, the group had finally defeated the Firelord and peace came to the world. For the group of friends this momentum of quiet time didn't last long though. A week after Zuko's coronation, Y/N gave birth to a beautiful [babyboy/babygirl]. This had been an incredible painful experience, but her lover made sure to stay by her side for every second of it. Sokka had offered her each of his hands at one point until every single bone felt like it had been crushed twice and he still held onto the girl beside him. Sokka believed this to have been the worst part of getting to meet his new child, mainly cause the reason for her tight grip was the pain she had been experiencing and Sokka hated to see the love of his life endure this much pain without him being able to do anything about it.

The moment the newborn was placed in Y/N's arms the pain and exhaustion were quickly forgotten and the young parents shared a teary smile with each other. Sokka leaned in and pressed a loving kiss to Y/N's lips before resting his lips on the small head of his child, unable to help the tears falling from his eyes at the sight of something so remarkably beautiful and innocent as this baby. After all the war and hatred he had seen throughout his life, this was an incredible difference and he vowed to always protect the innocence of this little [girl/boy].

'[He/she] is beautiful', Y/N quietly whispered, smiling down at the little bundle of joy in her arms and lightly tracing one of the rosy soft cheeks with her fingertip.

'I think [he's/she's] got your eyes', Sokka smiled, he was now sitting on the edge of the bed Y/N was laying in, one arm wrapped around his lover, the other close to their baby, 'look how beautiful and shiny they are in [E/C].' The little one unknowingly stared up at the hovering faces of [his/her] parents, before a loud wail escaped their mouth.

Sokka immediately jerked back and started panicking, pacing around at a rapid speed, 'what do I do? What did I do? Was it something I said? Oh Y/N, what do I do?!'

'Sok-'

'Wait, wait! I know something. Daddy's here little one and so is mommy', he was now hovering right in front of the little baby in your arms who only started crying louder, 'no, no, no tears, hush.' 'Um, I had a plan.' Sokka quickly covered up his face with his hands and uncovering it with a loud 'Boo!'

'Sokka!'

'What?! I panicked!', he looked at you with one of his innocent smiles while [B/N] was only crying louder from the sudden action and unexpected noise.

'He's/she's just hungry, Sokka. That's definitely a trait coming from you', you explained with a little laugh to the adoring father in front of you while you offered [B/N] some milk, the action immediately comforting them. For a few minutes Sokka and you just sat there in silence, watching as the little baby filled up their tummy and then slowly fell asleep.

It was then Sokka took them from your arms and placed the newborn in their little crib, leaning down and placing a tender kiss to their forehead. You watched the interaction go on with a loving smile, smiling even wider when he turned around and looked at you questioningly.

'You're a great father, Sokka', you told him when he was close enough for you to pull him down to your height and place a kiss to his lips. When you looked up at him again, you noticed a faint rose dusting covering his cheeks. Smiling at you with one of his most adoring smiles, he got in the bed beside you and wrapped you up in his arms tightly. 'You make a perfect mother.'

Random bonus: 

Somewhat of a request by several readers :)

Previously written:

'Sokka', you mumbled, barely able to keep your eyes open or support your weight. The extra weight of a baby bump made it much more difficult to walk around nowadays on any regular day. However in the heat of the desert it seemed impossible. Sokka looked over to his side where you were dragging yourself forward, gathering the last of his strength, he wrapped one of his arms around your waist to support your figure.

'I'm sorry, love', he murmured into your ear knowing he couldn't carry you this time in the burning heat of the desert. He would give up anything just for your wellbeing at this point so when Katara offered everyone some water, he declined insisting you were given the extra sip he didn't need.

Regardless of how weak Sokka felt in the desert, he kept reminding himself of your situation, the baby you shared and the life he wanted to give you. All of these things providing him with the strength to keep going, just for Y/N.

What felt like several hours of walking later, the group still hadn't found anything new beside the never ending sight of sand and the occasional prickly cactus. Sokka felt Y/N struggling more and more with each step and felt himself weaken at the same pace. He knew the last of his strength was being used on helping Y/N move forward, but he wouldn't be able to keep this up for much longer.

Another seemingly endless timespan in the endless sea of sand later and the group was caught up in a fight and Sokka helped his girlfriend down to a seat. 'I'm gonna see if I can find something to drink, love', he mumbled in her ear and pressed a kiss to her sweaty temple. Her eyes were already starting to fall shut again and it barely registered in her mind what he had said.

Only several moments later they opened again, after she heard the sound of something being sliced and his ecstatic voice 'I got it!' Y/N felt a tad bit more awake than before and his previous comment registered in her mind. Right in front of her stood Sokka, a large grin on his face as he held up what seemed to be the top of a cactus with a strangely colored liquid in it.

'Sokka', she warned weakly making him look at her and hesitate his movements for a second, before continuing the trip of his hand to his mouth. 'Don't you dare put that stuff in your mouth. For all you know it's going to kill you and then what?!'

Sokka smiled at her, 'it won't, baby. Just wait and see' and with that he took a large gulp of the slightly bittersweet juice.

Several seconds passed during which the couple stared at each other in silence, Y/N with a deadly glare and Sokka with an innocent smile on his face. Then his pupils dilated and he grinned widely, 'I FEEL GREAT!', he exclaimed, offering cactus juice to the rest of the group and his girlfriend.

'You are such a beautiful butterfly, can you fly too?' he asked her right up in her face.

'Sokka-'

'What happened to your tummy? Is there meat in there? Momo, look food!' Sokka slowly started creeping up to Y/N , approaching her as if she wouldn't notice his frantic movements and eager, hungry grin.

*SLAP*

'Ouch', for a couple of seconds Sokka stared at you in shock. Then he turned to the lemur on his shoulder and whisper-shouted, 'there's no food Momo. The butterfly is mean, she's not sharing.' The two of them seemed to share an awkward conversation before Sokka realized something, closely inspecting everyone's faces. 'Hey, has any of you guys seen my girlfriend around here. She's very pretty. I-'

Katara interrupted this time, 'yes, Sokka. In fact, I have and if you wouldn't have been as stupid as to drink from that cactus you'd realize she's right in front of you and you were about to slaughter the baby she's carrying, FROM YOU. Rather than blabbing us all to dead, make yourself useful with this energy of yours and help her.' The young girl pointed at Y/N angrily and Sokka's smile and eyes got even wider.

'Pretty butterfly is mine!' He exclaimed, making his way over to Y/N in record time and immediately wrapping his arms around the girl and lifting her up. 'Don't worry, even if you're mean I love you and I will protect you. Now let's go find some real meat!'