1 | Her Name Is Jennifer.

Leah's POV

"Read through chapters eight and nine in your psychology books before class on Wednesday. We'll have a very brief discussion over the material when class starts, and making any sort of contribution to that discussion will not be possible unless you READ the material, folks!" The professor says from the center of the large auditorium, surrounded by at least one hundred other students at the university. I sigh quietly and shut down my laptop. "Also, do not forget that the midterm is in two weeks. I strongly urge each and every one of you to begin studying and reviewing now. I won't beat around the bush here... this test will not be easy. You'll have multiple choice, short answer and reasoning questions, and an essay that will count as half of the overall grade as well. Prepare yourselves." He continues.

Students begin shoving things into their bags and before long the professor has lost everyone's attention. He turns his back to the class and begins erasing the almost illegible chicken-scratch handwriting on the board and nearly all of the students leave the auditorium without looking back. Since I sit near the front of the room I'm one of the last ones out... always. And today I am especially thankful for that. 

A beautiful girl, one I've seen twice before, comes in from one of the side doors wearing ripped up jeans, a white striped t-shirt covered by a bronzy colored jacket with a large hood hanging over her back. She's got on loose-laced,  brown combat boots and her fingers are covered in rings. Her hair is a beautiful honey color with lighter highlights all throughout it. This girl's skin is literally glowing... she's the definition of perfect in human form.

I catch myself staring at her and force myself to look away. I hang around my seat, pretending to shuffle things around in my bag while I listen to what she says to my professor.

"I only have fifteen minutes. I have a consult to get to." I hear her say to my professor. "Walk with me to my office. Give me one second to get my things." He says to her. I hear the girl let out a sigh. She shifts her weight between her feet and I throw my bag over my shoulder, about to walk out. I'm nearly the only person left in here... I can't let this get weird.

I start up the stairs and I hear a voice echoing behind me, "Hey, you left your phone." I quickly turn around and my eyes meet hers. She is looking right at me, pointing at my phone. "Oh, god. Thank you. I would've been looking for that." I say and hastily grab the phone. She grins softly and I quickly leave the auditorium before I have the chance to say something stupid.

I know what you're thinking.... "Why are you nervous?"

Truth be told, I don't know. I'm usually fine in those situations. Even with guys, attractive ones, I'm confident, cool and collected. It's something about her. She's breathtakingly beautiful and I just know I'll say something to embarrass myself.

Another question you're wondering right now... "So, you're gay?"

The answer to that little beauty is simple... I don't know. I've been with guys, I've had boyfriends. More than a few I guess. I've never been with a girl though, and I refuse to knock something until I've tried it for myself. I think it's a pretty good way to go about things.

I make it through the entire campus and head home for the day, exhausted and dreading all of the studying I'll have to do. I have midterms for all of my classes coming up and it's incredibly stressful. And on top of it all, I have to keep my part-time job in order to afford my car insurance. Who knew my life could be this stressful while I'm still so young?

One week later

Class draws to a close and our professor made sure to put the pressure on us once again about the midterm. I'm definitely feeling it, too.

I'm trotting up the stairs with my backpack strap gives and the entire bag hits the floor, spilling out a few things.

"Shit. You've gotta be kidding." I mutter under my breath. I kneel down and begin picking everything up and shoving it into the beg when I notice the same girl who I saw last time come in from the side door. She's been in for the past three classes right as they end. I still have no idea who she is or why she's here.

As I'm picking up the last of my things I head the auditorium door slam closed, letting me know I'm the last one here. I glance up the stairs and sigh.

"Any idea where my- I mean, your professor went?" The girl asks me. I shake my head no and tuck my hair behind my ear. "Sorry." I say quietly and she nods, "no problem." She says and pulls her phone out. I do my best to tie my backpack strap so that it's secure and I head up the stairs and out the door.

Wow... she spoke to me again. Granted it didn't mean much, it's just a simple question that she could've asked anyone. The fact the she acknowledged my existence in that room was extremely satisfying though.

"No! No way!" I giggle to my not-boyfriend Jalen while he gives me stupid suggestions for an essay title. "Come on, Leah. My suggestions aren't that terrible." He grins. I shake my head and pull his hat down over his eyes, "idiot." I whisper. He pulls it up and leans in to kiss me.

I said he's my not-boyfriend because he isn't. We have no title, but we hangout a lot and give each other lots of attention and affection. It's nice. It's lacking the real commitment, which is definitely my type of relationship. Commitment isn't my thing, hence my many failed relationships.

Other than Jalen, school and my job... my life is pretty boring and uneventful. I don't do much. I stay home and prepare myself for whatever comes next. I need something interesting to happen in my life.

As I lay here on my bed, my phone makes a noise. I pick it up and see one of those stupid, annoying suggestions for who I should follow on my twitter. I don't recognize the name, but I couldn't forget that face. The girl from the auditorium. Her name is Jennifer.

A.N.// Welcome back. I hope all of you enjoy this story! This story does have two parts and lots of drama. Please, please, please be sure to vote, comment, or share if you like it! Thank you in advance! :) 

- gracie.