27 | Enough Time

Leah's POV

The next day

"And where do you think you are going?" My mom asks me as my hand hits the handle of our front door. "I have to go pick some things up from the store, that's all." I lie. "What store?" "I don't know yet, whichever one has what I need. I'll be home before it gets late." I assure her. She cuts her eyes at me, but slowly nods. "Keep in contact, please." She says. I quickly dart out the door and jump into my car before she can stop me.

I drive to the place where Jennifer suggested that we meet, it's about twenty minutes away from my house. I sigh and park in one of the back spaces, looking for Jennifer's car the whole time.

I see her car parked a few spaces down, but she isn't inside. I bite my lip and decide to walk into the store we are in front of. After walking around for several minutes, I spot her ass and grin to myself as I walk over.

"I couldn't help but notice, you have a phenomenal ass and I'd be honored if you'd let me grab it..." I say softly as I stand beside her, acting like I'm searching for something on a shelf. She glances at me and giggles quietly, "Only if I get to sit...-" she pauses and pulls her fingers over my thigh, "-on this pretty little face of yours." She whispers into my ear. My jaw drops and she mocks me, dropping hers too.

"Someone is feeling a little bit frisky I guess." I tease her and pull my hand down her arm. I notice she pulls away from me when another person walks near us and I frown, "um, do you want to get out of here?" I ask her and she nods her head yes and we walk out of the store.

Jennifer and I both get into her car and I grin at her before leaning over and kissing her lips quickly. "I missed you last night." I confess as I pull hand fingers through her hair. "I missed waking up with you in my bed." She says. "Are you hungry?" She asks me, fully prepared to take me wherever I choose. I sigh and press my lips, "Yeah, I am." "Where would you like to go?" She asks me. I know she'd pay for me in a heartbeat, which is sweet and I'm very appreciative, but I feel awful. I have a solid fifty dollars to my name right now and I really shouldn't spend that on food. "You know what? Forget it. Let's just go to your condo and find something there." "I haven't had the chance to go to the grocery store, so we're going out." She says and puts her car in reverse.

Shit.

"Jen, I can't exactly afford to eat out right now. I'm tight on money, and my parents track my spending like crazy these days." I confess, feeling slightly embarrassed about this. "I've got you. You know I do." She says, putting her hand on my thigh. I sigh, laying my hand overtop hers and she glances at me, eyebrows raised. "What else is bothering you?" "What? Nothing." "Leah, I can tell when something is off and right now something is definitely off. Talk to me." "It's fine, Jen." "Okay, look... things between us will never work if we don't communicate with each other. I'm a lot older than you, and I've been in a few relationships. I can promise you that these things never work  without communication." She says. I know she's right, I just- I feel bad.

"Baby, I know- I just... I hate feeling this way. I feel so behind and like I have nothing to offer right now." "Things aren't the best right now, but it's gonna be okay. You have more than enough to offer me. I don't give a damn about the money, Leah. Even if you need money for something stupid, tell me. I have your back." She reminds me. I nod my head and lean over, putting a kiss on her cheek.

Jennifer and I go eat dinner at one of the local restaurants and most of the time we spend there Jennifer is looking over her shoulder as if someone is going to "catch" us. I fightt my urge to say anything, even though I really want to because it isn't like she is going to be thrown into jail for having dinner with me... I guess she is just worried about people who know her, or me, seeing us together and putting two and two together. 

Once we are back in the safety and privacy of Jennifer's home, she loosens up a lot. 

"How are your friends? Have you even seen then since you have been back?" I ask as I sit down on her bed while she changes her clothes from jeans to leggings. "I have. We actually went out for a few quick drinks and lunch today." Jennifer informs me. I nod my head and she glances at me, "are you okay? You've been quiet since dinner." "I'm fine." I tell her, not very convincingly. She rolls her eyes at me and stands in front of me. 

I tilt my head up and bite down on my cheek. "Do not lie to me." "It's nothing, Jen." I assure her, not wanting to get into anything with her. "Good." "I love you." I whisper and she grins and leans down to put her soft lips on mine, "I love you back." she says. She kisses me again, and one more time. I slowly lie down on my back and she crawls over my body, following my lips. 

"How much time do we have?" She asks softly while kissing and breathing on my neck. I put my hands in her hair and push her down my body as I answer, "enough time."