13 | Tangled Web

Leah's POV

I lay here on Jennifer's bed, naked and hot. My body is glistening with sweat and my heart is pounding in my chest.

Jennifer gets up and I sigh and watch her ass move as she glides across her room. "Mm, where are you going?!" I pout. "Well, considering that I'm sweaty and my thighs are sticky... I'm gonna shower. You should try it." She teases. I roll my eyes and follow her to the bathroom and get in the shower with her.

Once we are both clean and happy, Jennifer slides into some sweats and a t-shirt. I lean against the wall and let out a sigh. I don't want to leave her. I want to stay here and sleep in her bed.

"I'm gonna go call somebody. I'll be back in a few minutes." I say as she strips the sheets off of her bed. She nods and I walk out of her apartment and call my mom.

"Leah, you home?" She asks me. "No, I'm still with my tutor. Can-I need to sleep here. We're gonna be up late going over this stuff and I need the time. It'll be too late for me when I get back." I say, hoping she'll buy my story. "Please?" I ask, noticing the silence. "Fine, Leah. Stay with your tutor and be home by lunch tomorrow." She says. I smile widely and hang up the phone.

I hate this whole "lying" thing. I'm living a double life and it really sucks, but Jennifer is worth it to me.

I wake up with Jennifer cuddled up against me and I smile. She is so gorgeous. Her perfectly tanned skin has not a single blemish on it, her lips are so perfect and full. There isn't a single thing I would change about her.

I bring my hand up to her face and pull it down the side, stroking her hair. "Morning, baby." I whisper and she sighs and pouts her lips out a little, not even realizing she is doing it. I grin and kiss her lips softly. Jennifer opens her eyes and starts to smile, "Mm, hey you." She mutters, her voice thick with sleep.

I roll over and grab my phone, checking the time. 10am. Ugh. That leaves me with two hours to spend with her when I want to spend the entire day with her. 

"No, no, no. Put that down and come here." She insists, grabbing my hips and pulling my body against hers. I smirk and her lips press against my shoulder. "Leah?" "Hm?" I mumble as she pulls my shirt off of my shoulder so she can kiss my skin. "I don't know what this is to you, but I know what I want this to be." She whispers. My eyes widen and my heart begins to pound.

"I want you... all of you. Be my girlfriend." She says and slides her hand down my bicep. I remain frozen and let her words play in my head a second time. "Did you hear me?" She giggles and rests her chin on my shoulder. "I- yeah. I heard you." I say, stuttering over my words a little. "Yikes, that doesn't sound promising. Leah, if you don't want to be something with me... it's okay. Just.. I need an answer." She says. I press my lips together and glance over my shoulder at her, "I didn't think it was a question." I whisper.

Jennifer grins widely and kisses me. I...I have a girlfriend.

"Leah! Come in here." My mom yells the moment I walk into the house. "Coming!" I yell out. My mood is sky high right now, and I am not letting anything ruin it.

"Phone." She says. I sigh, "I- Please? Mom, I promise I won't do anything stupid again. I just- let me keep it please." I whisper, desperate. I need a way to communicate with Jennifer.

Much to my surprise, my wish is granted. She sighs and nods her head, "Leah, no more chances after this. If you step out of line again all of your privileges will be taken away, are we clear?" She asks, using her mom voice. I smile and hug her tightly, "Thank you. Wh-What about dad?" I ask her, clutching my phone in the palm of my hand. "Don't worry about him. I'll handle it. Go, you have big week coming up."

Right. School is about to start again, and I don't know how ready I am for this. Lying to Jennifer about where I go all the time is not going to be fun.

Two Weeks Later

"Thank you, I'll see you all on Friday." My professor says to the class. I sigh and listen to the sound of everyone get up and zip their bags. I bite my cheek, missing Jennifer. I haven't seen her at all this week and I am not enjoying it. She hasn't been coming to see her dad on campus either, so I have to make actual plans in order to see her.

I stand up and shove my computer into my bag and I feel two arms wrap around my waist. I look over my shoulder and see Jennifer.

"Baby!" I gasp and she smiles. I hug her and bite my lip. "I have been missing you so bad." I whisper. She releases my body from her grip and I smile widely, "what the hell are you doing here?" I ask her. "I needed to see you." "You aren't here for your dad?" "No, he doesn't know I'm here and I would really like to keep it that way... so can we get out of here?" Jennifer giggles, grabbing my bag for me. I nod my head and follow her out of the auditorium.

As we walk to her car she grabs my hand and makes conversation. "When is your next class?" "I'm done for the day." I tell her. "Mm, I was hoping you would say that. Spend the night at my place and spend the day with me tomorrow!" She insists, knowing the campus is closed for some remodeling tomorrow, but not knowing that I have to be at the high school. "Yeah, okay." I grin.

All these secrets and lies.. ugh. This is turning into a very tangled web and the moment things start unraveling... yikes.