2 | Young, Dumb and Broke.

Leah's POV

It's Monday. The countdown is on. Today is my last day of class before the midterm on Wednesday, and I'm extremely nervous. It's like all of the sudden I forgot everything I've learned this semester.

Class goes on as usual, the professor gives us some last minute study tips and gives us the chance to ask questions. While everyone silently looks over their notes, I hear a door open. I glance up and in walks Jennifer. She wasn't here on Friday, I missed seeing her. Is that weird?

My eyes track her all the way over to my professor and I try my hardest to read her lips, but I fail. I'm guessing she feels me staring at her because she glances over at me and I quickly turn away, idiot.

Class gets dismissed and I'm the last one there per usual.

"Sit tight. I'll be back in ten minutes." The professor says as he leaves the auditorium. I toss my bag over my right shoulder and she sighs, "You're lingering. What is it?" She asks me. I look at her and my mouth hangs open, not sure what to say. "I was just-" "being nosy? I can tell." She grins and folds her arms over her chest.

Speak, Leah. Speak.

"Sorry, I wasn't trying to get in your business." I say and turn my body to her. "Sure you weren't." She says in a serious tone. I may have messed up here...

Suddenly she smiles and starts to giggle, "I'm kidding. I'd be nosy too if a girl I didn't know kept coming into my class acting all secretive." She says. I smile and let out a small sigh of relief. "Ha, yeah. Sorry again. I'll leave you be. See ya." I say and trot up the stairs and out of the double doors.

My heart is pounding. I'm so anxious and nervous around her. When she speaks I lose my words and make a complete fool of myself. I have got to get it together, man. This isn't going to work.

Midterm day

I sigh as I hand over my blue book to my professor and he nods his head as I turn to walk away. I definitely don't feel confident about that. My whole day has been ruined, completely ruined.

I head to the Starbucks that's on campus to attempt to boost my mood a bit, even though I know it's hopeless. I stress way more that I should over my school work.

I get in the slow moving line and wait patiently, scrolling through my phone.

"How was it?" I hear someone say. Are they talking to me? Probably not, just ignore it.

"I asked you something..." this time I turn around and I'm completely frozen when I see Jennifer standing there. "Oh, me?" "Well, you're the only one I talk to here..." she giggles, smacking her gum. "Yeah- sorry. I'm zoned out today." I tell her, shaking my head.

She nods and I look at her and study her eyes for a brief second, they're gorgeous.

"Leah, right?" She asks me. I furrow my brows and cock my head to the side, "Yeah, right. How'd you kno-" "I saw that you followed me on my twitter." She says, raising her eyebrows and giving me a look.

Stupid!! Why did you follow her?!

"Oh, yeah. I forgot I did that." I say, tucking my hair behind my ear. "How was the test?" "Oh, awful. I probably flunked." I sigh, defeated. "That bad?" "It's pretty bad. He's not exactly an easy professor." I confess and shrug my shoulders. "I'd offer to help you in some way, but I doubt my dad would like that." She says. Her dad? Why?

"What?" I ask, confused at how we ended up talking about her dad. "My dad, he's your professor." She informs me. "Oh! I didn't realize..." "Not many people do." She grins. "I thought your name was Danielle?" "Nope, he doesn't talk about me because I'm not the daughter with a law degree." She says, adding in a little wink. Yikes. "What is your major then? How long have you been a student here?" I ask, curious. "Ha, you're hilarious. You really take me for the college type?" She asks, raising her perfectly shaped eyebrows. "Oh, I mean-" "I'm not a student. I stay as far away from this place as possible. I've only been here for the past few weeks because my parents had a thing and I'm the line of communication I guess." She says and points in front of me.

I step up to the counter and order my drink. Once I'm done I step to the side and Jennifer orders too.

"So, you're not a student anywhere?" I ask her. "Nope, sound weird? I don't think I've met to many professor's kids who aren't going to college." She laughs and sits at the barstool beside the window. "Yeah, school isn't my thing." She says. "What are you majoring in?" Jennifer asks. "Uh- I'm undecided." I mutter, looking away. "Nothing wrong with that." She grins.

The barista yells both our names and we take our cups.

"Well, nice chatting with you. I'm gonna get out of here." She says. "Hey, can I- would you give me a ride?" I blurt out, not thinking. Jennifer turns towards me and raises one eyebrow, "I'm sorry?" "I- Usually I drive, but I caught a ride with a friend today and I'm sorta stranded. Could you take me?" I ask, hopeful but also nervous that she'll say yes. What am I going to do in a car with her? I'm already awkward enough as it is.

"I guess I can... which way do you live from campus?" She asks and nods her head, wanting me to follow her. I point and she laughs a bit, "Complete opposite of me. Nice..." she says. We walk down the sidewalk to the lot where she's parked and I stop, "I'm sorry. If it's too far out of your way I'll find-" "Shut up, I'm just messing with you. I'll take you." She insists, pressing the unlock button on her key-fob, causing this gorgeous, electric blue colored Lexus RC F to unlock.

I glance at the car, then at Jennifer to make sure it's hers and she points to the door. "Getting in?" She asks me. I nod and pull the door open and get inside, drooling over her car. It's so pretty.

She backs out of the spot and pulls out, focusing mainly on the music that's playing through her speakers.

"You'll have to guide me." She says and I nod and look around, "I like this car." I say and she smiles, "Thank you. Me too, it was my Christmas present from my parents in 2015." She grins. She gets a brand new 2015 Lexus RC F as a Christmas gift? Ha, not in this life

I guide her around and she pulls into the neighborhood where I live. I point to my house and she rolls into the driveway and smiles, "Try not to make it a habit of asking strangers for rides." She winks. "Thank you for bringing me here." I smile. "No problem, you have roommates or something? This is a nice house and no offense, but you're what? 22? No way you're affording this alone. Unless you're running drugs..." she grins. I get out of the car and stumble over my words, shit shit shit. Think.

"Yeah, I have three roommates." I say, not totally lying. "Figured. Enjoy your day, Leah." She says and speeds off.

I walk into my house and straight to my bedroom. I push the door closed and sigh hard. I really look 22? Wow.

I know, I know... why am I acting weird?

You see, I think I have a bit of a crush on Jennifer. And the troubling thing is... I'm not 22.. or even close. I'm 17 years old and I'm a dual-enrollment high school student...