11 | Prepared

Leah's POV

Part of me (a big part) thinks that coming clean now and telling Jennifer that I am a high school student would be the right thing to do... but the other part of me thinks that I like her a little too much to give her a reason to walk away from me.

"A real date?" I ask, dragging my fingertip around the rim of the coffee Jennifer got me. "Yes, Leah. You know? The kind where you put on a dress and I pick you up and we go somewhere nice..." She teases. I roll my eyes and look at her, "Fine, but I don't know if I can make tonight happen." I say with a slight frown. She furrows her brows, "What could you possibly have to do? You're on spring break!" "I know, but- I got my midterm grades back, most of them anyway, and they didn't come out so hot." I confess.

She is definitely going to think I'm a dork now.

"What about my dad's class?" She asks. I sigh and look away, shaking my head. "That bad?" "It's bad, Jennifer- I mean, Jen." I say. I watch her smile form on her lips and I raise my eyebrows, "Tomorrow night. Pick me up at 6:30pm, okay?" I tell her. She gets super happy at the sound of this, "yes, absolutely. I'll pick you up and take you to-" "Shh- I like surprises." I grin.

Hours later I'm still with Jennifer. We ended up going back to her place and I don't have a phone.. so there is no-one telling me I can't be here.

Jennifer gets up off of her couch, leaving me alone. "Nooo, come back." I pout. She makes a good pillow, her boobs that is. "I have to pee! Hold on." Jennifer giggles as she walks down the hallway. I stand up and wander around, looking at the pictures she has around her apartment. A lot of them are of her and her friends, but I stumble across one single photo of her family.

I see her dad, her mom (who Jennifer favors heavily), and her brother and sister. You can definitely tell that Jennifer is the "outcast" of the group, she is the only one not wearing tights, a dress and heels.

"Making fun of me?" She teases from behind me. I glance over my shoulder and grin at her, "Never. You look so much like your mom." I say. She rolls her eyes, "If I had a dollar for each time I have heard that..." I smile and face her completely. I hang my arms over her shoulders and kiss her softly, "I should get home. I have to handle some things." I whisper. She nods and kisses me again. She kisses my neck too and I giggle, "stop it! You'll distract me."I say. "Okay, but that's kinda my goal...so.." She laughs, sliding her hands to my ass.

I just wish I was grown. Like, eighteen and living in my own place. I hate going by other people's rules.

"I'm serious, I need to go." I tell her. she sighs and takes her hands off of me, "Fine. Come on, I'll take you." She offers. Shit. "No! I'll run... I need the exercise." I tell her. She shakes her head and walks with me to the door, "I'll see you tomorrow. Be careful." She tells me. I nod my head and head out, not ready to face the million and one questions i'll be asked when I get home.

I walk into the house, breathing hard and covered in sweat. "Where did you run to? You have been gone for hours, Leah" My mom says. I shrug my shoulders, "I went to the park and stayed a while." I lie. She shakes her head and points upstairs, "Go. Shower and get on something nice. We are going out to dinner with your grandparents." "Dinner? Mom, it is only 3:00." "I know, but you know how they can be.."

Well, shit. Looks like I'll be having a super fun night.

6:43pm, 12 new notifications:

Jeez. I just opened my laptop and Jennifer has sent me several messages and I also have some notifications in my email about school. Of course I check those first... I'm a nerd.

I get very confused when I see that my midterm grade for my psychology class has changed dramatically. I went from failing to an 87%? How the hell? I click the email and see that there is something my professor sent with it.

Leah, I sincerely apologize for my mistake. I misguided your midterm examination, but I fixed it. Again, I sincerely apologize and hope you are understanding. No need to reply.

Thank you.

Okay? That is very strange, but i'll choose not to question it since graduating high school depends on it.

Next I move to the messages from Jennifer. To summarize, she's teasing me about tomorrow night. Telling me what to wear, and what not to wear.

Me, 6:50pm: You're very demanding, Jennifer.

Jennifer, 6:51pm: Me? Never.

Me, 6:51pm: Sure, sure.

Jennifer, 6:51pm: Tomorrow night I think we should do something crazy.. unless you're too scared?

Wait, does she mean...? I have to ask. I can't stand being unclear.

Me, 6:53pm: What do you mean by crazy? Like... sexual things?

Jennifer, 6:54pm: HAHA! No, that isn't what I was hinting at, but we could dabble in that area as well. Let's go get tattoos tomorrow night!

What? Jesus , Leah. You set yourself up to be embarrassed. Also- TATTOOS? Hell no, I can't! Literally.

Me, 6:55pm: Yikes, I'll have to do some serious thinking on that one. I'm gonna go focus on school work, I'll see you tomorrow.

Jennifer, 6:56pm: Study hard, dork. And good job on your psychology midterm ;)

It takes me a second to put the two things together, but I get it now. Jennifer changed my grade in the class. I- wow. I can't believe she did that!!

Me, 6:58pm: You are insane. Have a good night!

I close my laptop and slide it between my mattress and the boxspring, making sure my dad won't find it. I walk over to my closet and pull out nearly every dress I own and lay them on the bed. Yes, I am about to try every single one of these on until I find one that is fitting for my date with Jennifer.

Twenty minutes and almost ten dresses later, I find one good candidate. It's not even a "dress", but it's cute. It's a black, spaghetti strap crop top with a plunging neck and a long, high waisted maxi-skirt in a taupe color with a very high slit down the right side. It'd be cute with some simple black heels that strap around my ankles and some simple jewelry. I think this is it.

Once I'm decided on that, I move on to the important stuff. I know I'll probably end up at Jennifer's at some point tomorrow, so why not be prepared? I find the sexiest underwear I have and lay them with my outfit. What? It never hurt anyone to be a prepared ho.