Chapter VIII: The 1st Assassination Attempt

SEWOON'S POV

"Really? Um... okay then. Let's all take a seat, shall we?"

These past few minutes, I was inside the bathroom, watching and listening everything that's happening inside the King's office. I was watching on my phone which is receiving constant signals from the improved tracker which I had attached to the necklace I gave to my noona. It was a good thing that the camera lens looked like a gem so I wouldn't worry about that. I had locked myself in there and fortunately, no one has knocked yet.

Right now, she's telling them how the King and her first met three years ago during Prince Hyunwoo's birthday party here at the Blue House.

"Oh so it does sound like Cinderella's story!" said Duchess Hayoon.

I continued watching, I had to so that I can properly alert the others about the King's whereabouts. I have to make sure he's all alone. I've been waiting for a chance that he'll go to the bathroom alone but, him with his friends and most importantly, with my own noona beside him, no, that wouldn't be an option. I still have to wait for the right moment to strike.

DANIEL'S POV

"Sir? Who are you looking for?" asked Jisung.

"Isn't it obvious? Of course he's looking for her!" said Seongwoo.

"Did anybody see where she went to?" I asked them but they both shook their heads. "Hmm..."

"I think I saw her go out of the ballroom along with her friends." said Jaehwan.

"Really? Hmm, I guess I'll just have to wait for her back here."

"Are you really intent on getting her back, sir?" Seongwoo asked.

"I've never been this determined before so yes, I am."

"You do realize that you might clash with Prince Changkyun over her..." said Minhyun.

"Well, for starters, they broke up already and the foundation of their relationship back then was a bad one. So even if they're friends now, I'm sure he won't be affected if I do make an advance on her."

"He won't. I'm sure of that."

"I'm just saying there's a possibility that he would."

"Speak for yourself. You and that pianist had a past, am I right?"

"How did you?..."

"Minhyun, we're not deaf. Seongwoo, Jisung and I heard what you and Jaehwan were talking about." I replied with a smile.

"... yeah and so?"

"You want to talk to her too, right? And wow, you were the one who broke up with her? Heol! I didn't know you had that in you!"

"The difference between our situations is that you want to take your girl back while... I just want to... talk to her..."

"To ask for forgiveness?"

"No!... maybe... I don't know... I feel like, I should..."

"Whatever happens, I won't interfere with your plan and you shouldn't interfere with mine. Deal?"

"If you say so but I'm warning you, Prince Changkyun would most likely interfere with your plans. Even if he still likes her or not, he'll stand up for her, as her friend."

"And sir, please do make sure you keep yourself out of trouble." said Seongwoo.

"Your dad is here with us and you wouldn't want Kang Industries get embarassed here at the King's own home, right?" said Jisung.