Chapter XXXV: "Goodbye... Kihyun"

"...As you can all see from behind me, the lights in the palace has just went out! We have no information yet as to what caused this um... So for those who just joined us, earlier, Kim Moonsik, the former Asst. Director of the KCIA was forcing Jung Miyeon, the palace pianist and the king's girlfriend to shoot the King but, the lights suddenly went out and all we heard from the livestream were gunshots as well as flashes... this all happened after Kim Moonsik revealed the secret of the Jung family and..."

PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE

"W-Why... did the screen go black?!" exclaimed Jooheon.

"Was the connection lost?! Did the livestream suddenly end?" asked Hayoon.

"No it hasn't! We clearly heard the gunshots!" said Changkyun. "We even saw the flashes from the shooting!"

Shouts and groans can then be heard from the livestream.

"Were those Moonsik's men?" asked Hyungwon.

"Kihyun! Let's go! We have to hurry!"

"Eh?! Miyeon?! But... I thought... sure! L-let's go!"

"EHHHHH??????!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"T-that was... Miyeon and..."

"KIHYUN! He's still alive!" exclaimed Princess Lee as she finished Hyungwon's sentence.

"Your Highness, any news from Commander Jo?" Dir. Go asked Hyunwoo.

"...ah! Commander! Please tell that it was one of your teams who got to the power room and shut off the electricity inside!"

"Your Highness! I apologize for only speaking to you now! Yes, we've managed to get inside the palace already and just a few minutes ago, the power room was seized!"

"I knew it!... Guys! It went dark in there because the electricity was shut off!"

"So that's why!... wait, why is the internet connection still working though?" asked Daniel.

"Because it has its own generator..." said Jooheon.

"Wait what?" asked Hyungwon. "The palace has a specific generator for its internet connection?"

"Yeah um, during our time there, dad had it installed in all of the palaces we lived..."

"Wow... just wow..."

"Hyunwoo! Tell the Commander that Kihyun and Miyeon may have gotten out of the audience hall already!" said Changkyun.

"Right! Of course!"

"Commander! Kihyun and..."

"AISH! I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING! WHO TURNED OFF THE LIGHTS!"

"SIR! I THINK THOSE TWO MANAGED TO ESCAPE! AH!... I'VE BEEN SHOT!"

"WHAT?! QUICKLY! WE MUST GET THEM BACK! NOW!"

"BUT I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING EITHER!"

"JUST FEEL YOUR WAY THROUGH!"

"...A-AH! SIR! YOU'RE PULLING ON MY HAIR!"

"SHUT UP AND WALK!"

0_0

"Your Highness? What were you saying about His Majesty?"

"...ah um... he and Miyeon... may have escaped I mean... it suddenly went dark in the video and we thought... Miyeon shot him..."

"WHAT?!"

"Well Moonsik was ordering her to do so but, it suddenly went dark, there were gunshots and... Miyeon and Kihyun must've somehow escaped!"