Chapter XXII: "I'm So Insane For You..."

The next day...

MIYEON'S POV

"OH MY GOSH! FOR REAL?!"

"YES IT IS! AAAAAHHHH!!"

Last night, Hyunbyul called and finally told me the good news! That she and Hoseok were officially dating! I was expecting to hear how their date went but she told she'll just tell me in person tomorrow...

"But, you have work..."

"It's fine, I called and told my supervisor that I'll take a half day tomorrow and come after lunch instead. We don't have any pending events anyway... oh right... you're the one who has work tomorrow..."

"Actually, Kihyun gave me a day off."

"REALLY?! THAT'S GREAT NEWS! We'll have lots of time to talk!"

"... and help me... as well..."

"Help you? With what? It's not like you're going to a date or anything..."

"..."

"Omo! A-are you?!"

"Y-yeesss...?"

"OH MY GOSH! YOU AND THE KING ARE FINALLY GOING ON A DATE?!"

"I have the same answer for that..."

Hyunbyul let out a scream which I'm sure was enough to shatter windows.

"Can you please refrain from doing that?"

"I'M SO SORRY! IT'S JUST.... I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! So, have you chosen what to wear then?! Like a dress or a gown?!"

"No um, he told me it'll just be a casual date. You know, the ones normal couples have."

"FYI, you two aren't NORMAL!"

"Wow, thank you for telling your best friend that she and the king are abnormal!"

"I didn't meant it like that! Hahahahaha!"

"Mom had all my clothes out and we picked some good ones already..."

"I WILL GO THERE TOMORROW, 8AM, ASAP!"

And so that's what happened last night.

"So you had a wonderful picnic date last night and most importantly, YOUR FIRST KISS!"

"I KNOW! Gosh! I can't believe it! I never thought me and him would be... dating! I'm not dreaming, right?"

"You're not dreaming because if you were, then everything would've ended in poof! I'm really happy for you! And for His Highness too, of course."

"And the next one that's going to be happy is me! I really want you and Kihyun to become a couple because I know that he will love you honestly, unlike a certain someone who didn't. Actually, Hoseok and I talked about you and Kihyun last night."

"Really?"

She nodded. "We talked about how you becoming his girlfriend and eventually... well, 'hypothetically', you become Queen, it'll also make his cousins, Seungwoo and Yeonjung both happy. You'll be a very much welcomed addition to their family considering they're all orphans."

"I never thought of that yet..."

"You will say yes to him if he asks you to be his girlfriend, RIGHT?!" she asked as she leaned forward.

"Um..."

"RIGHT?!"

"A-are you my mom?!" She leaned even closer!