Chapter XIX: "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU MONSTERS!"

KIHYUN'S POV

"...as of this moment, Your Majesty, Director Go has informed that they have received numerous calls, informing them that they have or might've seen Jang Moonbok or claims to know him. All of these claims and reports are being verified as we speak."

"We might receive some good news within the day, sore, regarding this person. But then again, the possibility of him being hidden by someone or some group out there for his and ultimately, their own protection, can't be ruled out."

"Thank you, Commander and Sir. Jung. Inform me at once if something important comes up. Now, how about the investigation for last night's attempt on me?"

"As for that one sire, we have collected the bullets lying in the ground in that park for forensic firearm examination. The fingerprints of the one who tried to kill you last night might be discovered there."

Upon arriving back at the Palace, I immediately went into a meeting with Commander Jo and Sir. Jung.

"Then we can find out who tried or is trying to kill me!"

"Yes Your Majesty but we have to wait until the investigation's finished. The bullets used during last Friday's attack and last night would be compared to see of they are one and the same or not. As well to determine where they came from."

"*sighs* I do hope we get to the bottom of this soon. If another one happens, God forbid it, I think there's no other choice and you know what I mean, Your Majesty."

"I know, Gwanghyun. My movements or even trips outside the palace would be curtailed at once. Unfortunate but needed. Though of course, you wouldn't keep me locked up here forever because by doing so, that would send a signal to everyone that their King is living in fear! I'm not going to be bested by some terrorists or whoever these people are!"

"Your Majesty, I admire your courage and defiance which you have just showed us and we will make sure that we are all prepared for any situation that may arise soon." said Sir. Jung.

"Security in and around the palace is in its highest level along with all the residences of your friends, sire. We don't expect another attempt but all security forces have been ordered to be on alert. Your Majesty, the next time you venture out of the palace whether for official business or not, there would be armed guards in plain clothes that would follow you on all sides to ensure maximum protection."

"I understand Commander. It can't be helped. Do I have any function to attend to, Gwanghyun?"

"Hmm...for this week, no. But next week, you are to open an exhibition on late Joseon Era paintings in the National Museum."

"We will immediately start preparing for that one, sire." replied Commander Jo.

"Good. Any news for my state visit to the UK?"

"Yes Your Majesty. Foreign Minister Kim has sent me a message yesterday which relayed the UK's Foreign Office's positive reply. Both governments are to start talking about the appropriate dates for your visit there."

"That's good to know! Waaah, now that's a much needed good news. Now, is that it then?"

Once the meeting was over, I hurried towards the Dining Hall to see my cousins who both hugged me. They expressed how worried they were last night (even though they called me) but nevertheless, I told them that I was alright.

"So, did you drive them all crazy with your snoring?" Yeonjung asked.

"Yes..." Gwanghyun muttered.