Chapter XVII: The 2nd Assassination Attempt

KIHYUN'S POV

!!!

What the?!

What am I...

...DOING?!

I quickly pulled away from her; we both looked utterly surprised by what I did. I sat up straight, trying to think clearly.

"K... Kihyun..."

"M... Miyeon..."

"What... what was that..."

"Um... ah... I don't know either... I don't know what came over me and ah..."

"..."

"I'M SO SORRY MIYEON! I WASN'T PLANNING ON DOING THAT! IT JUST... HAPPENED!"

Right at that moment, the door burst open and Gwanghyun came running in!

"Yah! Gwanghyun! What the heck?! Why did you just run into His Majesty's room?!" Sir. Jung shouted as he and Jooyoung both went inside too.

"IT'S AN EMERGENCY YOUR MAJESTY! YOU MUST GO INTO THE CONFERENCE ROOM RIGHT AWAY!" He shouted. "Sir. Jung, you too!"

"Eh? What for? Did something happen?" I asked.

"Sire! There's been an assassination attempt on Kim Jong Un!"

"WHAT?! When?! And who tried to?! Aish!... Let's go to the conference room now!" I said as I got up from bed and slipped into my slippers. "Miyeon, I'm sorry but let's continue talking again later, okay?"

"Oh um, of course sire!..."

Miyeon excused herself before going out of my room so that I could change into fresh clothes. After that, we rushed towards the conference room.

"This sure is a good distraction from what just happened!" I said to myself.

"Gwanghyun, has this been verified?!" Sir. Jung asked him.

"Yes sir! It was Director Go who sent the message to me. Commander Jo is already on standby in the conference room; PM Shin and Deputy PM Lee have both decided to postpone for at least 2 hours the start of their campaign and are now on their way here. The same can be said of Director Go and Asst. Director Kim as well as the Chief of the Army Staff and the Foreign, National Defense and Unification Ministers."

"Good. Last week, it was His Majesty, now, it's Kim Jong Un himself! What in the world is going on here?!" exclaimed Sir. Jung.

"Then this proves that *yawns* the North isn't one of the suspects behind the attack last Friday right?" I asked.

"That may be true sire but we still have to treat this event with extreme caution. By the way... Your Majesty, if you will permit me to ask, what were you and my daughter talking about inside your room earlier? I think Jooyoung and I heard that you were going to sleep and then you stopped her then came some silence..."

0_0

Uh-oh.

Sir. Jung is asking.

0_0

I mean...

HER FATHER IS ASKING...

0_0

"Um... just some stuff?"

"Stuff? What stuff, sire? Maybe I can help."

0_0

So this is what guys feel when talking to their girlfriend's father...