Chapter XVIII: "Sounds Like You're Starting To Hesitate, Hyung"

SEWOON'S POV

"So um, because of what happened earlier..."

WHAT

"... they would be staying here for the night...in your room..."

HAVE

"...It's for His Majesty's safety..."

I

"...And those were the orders by the Commander of the Royal Guards and dad so..."

DONE?!

"Sorry for troubling you with this, Sewoon." The King told me with an apologetic tone.

"Yah, come and help me clean your room and have it ready now."

0_0

KIHYUN'S POV

Earlier, as the four of us ran away from the park, Jooyoung immediately initiated a Code Red alert via an app on his phone which was installed after Friday's attack. This meant that Commander Jo has been alerted back at the palace along with Sir. Jung. They only agreed for me to come out and talk to Miyeon because it would be done secretly and no one else would find out about it besides them and my cousins. A secret rendezvous like this meant we had an advantage since secrecy is on our side. As I ordered, no other guards would come with us; we went out of the palace via the personnel entrance and then got into a car waiting for us outside. Jooyoung drove us all the way to Miyeon's neighborhood (after getting instructions from Sir. Jung); along the way, Gwanghyun kept complaining which of course was understandable but I was sure nothing would happen. We even wore black clothes to disguise ourselves.

No one could've predicted everything that just happened. It was as if someone knew we were going to meet Miyeon! Everything points to the fact that someone could be monitoring our every move. Just a few days after Friday's attack, a day after the attempt on Kim Jong Un and now another one, on me! Jooyoung immediately decided to bring me to Miyeon's house to which if course she and Gwanghyun agreed to. The sight of us running away as well as the gunshot sounds must've alerted the people nearby since we saw some of them running away as well from the area. The firing stopped as soon as we got out of the park and mysteriously, whoever was after us didn't decide to pursue us! Mrs. Jung was very much surprised when she saw us in front of their flower shop; Miyeon explained it was an emergency so she let us come in. Safely inside, Miyeon explained to her mom what had happened and she as well heard the gunshot sounds earlier. Commander Jo immediately called so Jooyoung briefed him on what happened; he was very much surprised and we could hear him saying he should've never agreed to let me out earlier but nonetheless, he quickly put into motion several processes. First, he would be deploying two battalions of royal guards to surround this area; I accepted this but I said they should be in plain clothes so that they won't cause any alarm.

Of course, the Commander was against this. Sir. Jung poured out his own choice words in expressing his reservations for this plan of mine but I insisted that those guards come in plain clothes.

Furthermore...

"I do understand this would be investigated and I have no qualms about it being done thoroughly but, when announcing to the public what has happened, the government's official statement would be that the gunshots were made when teenagers in the area were playing with fake or toy rifles."

"But Your Majesty..."

"That is my order. Commander, Sir. Jung, you are both to relay this to Director Go and the Prime Minister. I do not want the public to be in an another state of panic or worry. I had thought of this undertaking of mine to be a secret one and it would remain so. Please, I hope you both understand that."