Chapter XIII: "...Will You Marry Me?"

MIYEON'S POV

"Well, we're here."

Hyunbyul and I arrived at a park. We sat down on one of the benches nearby.

"So where could Gunhee be?"

"Relax, I'm sure he'll be here soon. Why, are you excited?"

"NO I'M NOT!"

"And so Miyeon's very excited for this date..."

"What the... and to whom are you sending that?!"

"This message? To Dongjoon and Ian of course! I always make sure to keep them informed about you and His Majesty."

"YOU WHAT?! YAH!"

"Oh don't worry! You know those two! They can keep secrets! Dongjoon's working for Duchess Hayoon right? You can trust them!"

"Just make sure you won't give out any confidential matters, okay?"

"I promise."

"Honestly... you're just unbelievable!"

"I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you very muuuch... what the hell ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

It was Hwang Minhyun.

He was standing near us. It looked like he was in the park for a walk.

"Miyeon? And Hyunbyul too! I didn't know that the two of you would be here!"

"You can walk past us now if you don't want trouble!" Hyunbyul threatened him.

"Hyunbyul, look, I just want to talk to her. Okay? Miyeon, please..."

"Don't you dare come near me." I said when I noticed he took a step forward.

"But..."

"I told you already last Friday that I don't want to hear your apology or explanation, right? So just go!"

"But I want you to know and understand why I did that..."

"I KNOW... Hyunbyul here told me."

"I saw everything, how you were so happy on a date with that girl right after you broke up with Miyeon! I asked around and I found out you started seeing each other for at least one and half year already! And you were doing it all behind Miyeon's back! I had to tell her what I saw and heard so that at least she'll know and understand why you broke up with her. Oh by the way, how is she? Hmm? I heard you two broke up the year after you left my best friend! Karma does hit you fast, huh?"

"...so... all this time... you knew..."

"Yes so just go. I don't want you near me EVER AGAIN!..."

Minhyun lowered his head and backed off.

"I... I'll leave now but, I just want to let you know that, I really loved you back then, honestly...

"You did? And you expect me to believe that lie? Even now you're still spouting nonsense. That's supposed to be my line because I was the one honestly loved you! I didn't go around your back flirting with boys and even as much as you found it annoying that I like Jung Haein so much, you knew how much I valued our relationship but I guess that wasn't enough for you, I still lacked something which that girl had. Was it because she was rich just like you?"

"Miyeon, that's not it..."

"I don't care anymore so just leave. I don't need someone like you in my life."

"Ms. Jung Miyeon?"

We looked at our right and saw Song Gunhee standing there.

"Um... I'm sorry if I'm intruding in something but, are you and your friend alright? Is that person threatening you? I can liquidate him now if you want to..."