Confession || Felix

Third year of high school.

As stressing as that sounds, (y/n) had a bigger problem to deal with.

Well, for some people who have never experienced having a crush on someone, they would probably think that (y/n)'s problem was nothing important, and doesn't deserve to be called a 'problem' in the first place.

But it was stressing.

(Y/n) sighed as she sat in her seat in the classroom, her legs on the chair as she hugged her knees close to her chest. She would always do this if she was sad. It was lunch break, and her friend Mina who was a year younger than her sat in front of her, frowning as she stared at her best friend. Mina has been (y/n)'s friend for 6 years, and she knows that whenever (y/n) sits like this that there's something wrong.

"Hey, (y/n), is it Felix again?"

(Y/n) flinched as she heard his name and looked up at Mina, before glancing at Felix who was in the same class as her and then she sighed. He was laughing with two of his friends, and (y/n) couldn't help but love his smile. His laugh. His freckles. Everything.

Felix was (y/n)'s friend last year, not a close one but still a good one. At the beginning of third year, she found herself slowly distancing herself from him as she developed a crush on him, and without both of them noticing, they soon stopped hanging out together and talking.

"Why are you smiling like that? You look creepy." Mina held (y/n)'s chin and turned it to face her.

(Y/n) blushed and her smile quickly faded, "I-I was smiling?"

Mina sighed, "You really have to confess."

(Y/n) looked down and hugged her knees tighter, "I know, I know I have to. And I'm really mad at myself! Just a week more and then will come finals, and then high school ends. And I won't probably see him after that." Her voice cracked as she spoke the last part, and looked up as she pouted at Mina.

"Listen. You just must confess and ask him out. If he said yes, then good for you. If he said no—" Mina bit her lip and put her hands on (y/n)'s shoulders, "If he said no then it's fine. You know why?" She smiled at her best friend.

(Y/n) just hummed with a frown.

"Because that means that he didn't deserve you, and you won't see him after that so no awkward moments, and then you can find your true love at college or something!" Mina grinned, which made (y/n) smile a bit.

"Okay. I'll confess today." (Y/n) determinedly said. She felt nervous already, but then took a deep breath and decided to just do it. 

Little did she know that Felix had been glancing at her every now and then, and his friends would smirk and nudge him every time he did.

~At the end of the day~

"Oh gosh he's leaving," (y/n) quickly stood up as she saw Felix walking out with Jisung.

She wanted to go to him, or shout out to him, but she couldn't. She felt as if her feet were glued to the ground, and no sound was coming out of her throat. She blushed as she bit her lip, and felt the corners of her eyes getting warm.

'I have to do it, I promised myself and Mina. But how? I'm so nervous.'

That was when a really loud voice sounded out in the hallway, making almost all of the students look up is surprise, as well as (y/n) and Felix.

"FELIX!!!"

(Y/n) realized that it was Mina's voice, and didn't know if she should be embarrassed or happy.