Neighbor || Seungmin

You would often think that it would be nice to have a friendly handsome neighbor, right?

Wrong.

So, so wrong.

"Seungmin helped me cook that day and yet you can't even make rice properly!"

"I saw Seungmin grocery shopping today, while you stayed at home and on your phone as always."

"Whenever I visit Mrs Kim, Seungmin always welcomes me and he's always so clean and good-looking, while you often look like a rotten rat."

"God, why didn't I get a daughter or son that is like Seungminnie? or, that is not like my daughter (y/n)?"

"I love you, but when it comes to who I want as my child, it would always be Seungmin, sorry honey."

Like, that Seungmin is not just handsome, he is freaking perfect! He can cook, clean, he is smart, he can do anything and make it look easy! And day after day, I grew up to despise him.

Well, I do have a tiny crush on him, but that is off topic now.

He has been our neighbor for around 7 years, and also my classmate. Thank god the only good thing I have to show off are my marks. I often get higher grades than him, so that's great, but he still gets good grades as well.

His existence pisses me off.

"(Y/N)! Come here and help me prepare lunch!" Mom yelled, and I shouted back a 'I'm coming!' as I left my room and went to the kitchen. "Did you forget that mrs Kim and Seungminnie are coming today?" she said as she stood in front of the oven, preparing whatever we'll have for lunch today.

"As if I could forget something like that," I rolled my eyes, "Is dad gonna make it today for lunch?" I asked.

"Nope, he said he's quite busy today. It'll be only the four of us, now go get me that spatula."

A few minutes before just finishing, the doorbell rang. "Go get it."

I nodded and left, thanking mrs Kim for coming, since I couldn't stand being in that kitchen any more. I checked my reflection in the mirror quickly before opening the door with a small smile.

"Aww (y/n), hello!" mrs Kim hugged me, kissing my cheek and patting my back numerous times. "How are you dear? How's school?"

"Good, Good. thanks for asking." I smiled at her as she broke the hug, "Come in, mom will be here in a moment." I took her to the living room, ignoring Seungmin's whole existence.

-Back to 3rd person pov-

Seungmin nudged (y/n)'s side, "Not even hello?" He whispered with a pout.

(Y/n) shrugged before sitting down in front of mrs Kim, and was surprised when Seungmin sat down next to her. "Ehm, you're supposed to sit next to your mom??" she whispered.

"Nah, I like it here better."

She rolled her eyes and moved away from him, but he followed and she facepalmed.

(Y/n)'s mother entered and welcomed them, and Seungmin stood up as she greeted him, with a prince-like smile. "Oh my, Seungmin keeps getting taller and taller! Or is (y/n) just getting shorter?" (Y/n)'s mother joked, laughing with mrs Kim.

"Ha ha, very funny." (y/n) huffed, glaring at Seungmin, "tall my ass, he's still short for a guy." she mumbled to herself.

"Why don't you guys go to (y/n)'s room? Lunch will be ready in a while." (Y/n)'s mother said with a smile, and Seungmin nodded and stood up.

(Y/n) quickly went after him and stood in front of him, blocking his path, "What the hell you nodding at mom for? I didn't give you permission to-"

"Psht, as if I need something like that." Seungmin pushed her aside and entered her room. He took a look around with an amused expression, "How do you get to get your room this messy? It's even messier than last time I was here, and that was yesterday." He said as he plopped down onto her bed, pulling our his phone from his pocket.

"Ah shut up clean freak." She lied down next to him, kicking his legs, "Move those damn tentacles of yours, this is my bed."

Seungmin smirked and put his legs on hers.

"Ugh come on." She pulled back her legs and kicked his side, pushing him off the bed and onto the floor with a loud thud.

"I think you just broke my back." He groaned, and she laughed. "Let's play video games." He said, sitting up.

"No, I'm done of video games."

"Poker?"

"What? No." (Y/n) frowned at him.

"I'm just bored-" Seungmin said, but was cut off by a pillow to his face. "Your pillows are as hard as bricks, what the hell!" He groaned, rubbing his nose.

"Yeah, wish I had those pretty pillows that're full of feathers." She shrugged, standing up. "I'm bored too, but we'll eat in a couple of minutes anyway."

"I have something in mind though." Seungmin smirked, and (y/n) knew that when Seungmin smirks, he's not thinking of something nice.

"I would prefer not to hear that."

"Aw come on, it's not bad. I just want to try to braid your hair."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened, staring at Seungmin in surprise. "You... want to braid my hair?" She raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Yeah, I saw mom braiding my sister's hair this morning and I got interested. I want to know if I can do it or not." He said seriously, which made (y/n) even more confused.

"You can braid... your sister's hair then?"

"What! No! I can't ask that from her."

(Y/n) sighed and nodded, pulling the hair tie from her ponytail and brushing her hair before sitting down in front of Seungmin. "Be careful with my hair though." She mumbled.

Seungmin slowly and carefully parted (y/n)'s hair to 4 parts, before stopping and looking at her hair in confusion. "This doesn't seem right." He muttered.

"Because you should only have 3 parts, idiot."

"Shut up," He clicked his tongue and blushed, parting her hair into 3 parts this time. He took some hair from the middle part and put it to the right side, to even them. Then took some hair from the left part and to the middle part.

"My god, Seungmin they don't have to be equal!" (Y/n) groaned, losing her patience.

He shushed her before taking the left and right parts in his hands. "Now, right above middle," he mumbled and did it slowly. "Oh shit some hair slipped from my hand-"

"That's normal-" (y/n) started, but Seungmin was already pulling her hair back together.

"I'll start again."

"NoO! I swear to god, Seungmin- It doesn't need all this focus and planning!"

Seungmin did it all again. Three parts. Right over middle. "And now, left over middle. Or right. Left over middle, that was right. Middle-right. Right-middle-"

"You don't have to name it!"

"Okay okay just shut up and let me focus," Seungmin rolled his eyes, slowly doing it. "Great, now do it again!" He cheered for himself, smiling. It took him 5 minutes to complete the braid, and it wasn't that good eventually. "I did my best, how come it looks so bad? It's your hair's fault."

"Yeah, yeah, sure. What even is this thing?" (y/n) laughed as she looked at the braid in the mirror. "Guess I just found a thing I can do that you cannot." She smirked proudly.

"I. Did. My. Best. And it doesn't even look that bad." He shrugged, standing up. "We should get back and help your mother."

"Why are you always the good child!"

----

Happy Eid fellow muslims! ☜(˚▽˚)☞