Eight

This is what Soohyun looks like ^^^^

——

Jangmin looked excited as he headed to another basketball practice. Practice was every day after school, meaning I could watch (and risk going blank over Minhyuk again) or walk home with Eunwoo. It was a tough choice, but Eunwoo looked like he might cry if I rejected him. Besides, Jangmin looked like he didn't mind.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" I studied my brother's face but he just smiled brightly at me,

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Go ahead home." He waved at me and jogged away, leaving me with Eunwoo.

"Wanna get some ice cream?" He grinned me and I shook my head at him. He was obviously addicted to ice cream. I wondered where he found the money to buy so much.

"Come on." He took my wrist and ran, causing me to nearly trip on the stairs.

"Slow down would you?!" I was beginning to get annoyed at his sudden urges to grab my wrist.

The sky was bright and the air was warm. Somewhere in the trees birds were singing. The atmosphere was nice, making it a perfect day to be outside. Eunwoo let go of me when we crossed school boundaries and started running, with his hands flying above him and letting out a girlish screech of victory. He looked like a little kid who'd just been promised ice cream, which really wasn't a lie. I caught up to him with a laugh.

"Cha Eunwoo, what the heck are you doing?"

Eunwoo slowed down to a walk and smiled at me, both hands in his pockets.

"The weather is great isn't it? I love days like this." He let out a satisfied sigh and smiled at the sky. I shook my head at him for possibly the fortieth time that day.

"Living in the city must be fun. There must be a lot to do. Lots of food." His eyes lit up when he said the word. I smiled at him, remembering Seoul.

"It's fun. There are plenty of restaurants so I'm sure you would never go hungry." I felt my heart warm at the memory of Seoul. It was home, it was my happy place. As long as I didn't think of what had changed, Seoul was a beautiful thought.

"Watch this Soohyun." Eunwoo hurried to the side of the road where a dozen dandelions were blowing in the wind, their silvery grey seeds dancing. He tore one off, a smile gracing his face as he faced me with it in one hand. Raising it above his head, he blew towards it. The feathery seeds bounced from the stem, floating away on the air. Tons of little feather like seeds flew into the sky. I stood in amazement as Eunwoo dropped his hand, the bare stem between his fingers.

"Whoa." I reached up and touched one of the seeds, watching as it bounced away from my touch.

"Isn't it pretty?" Eunwoo asked me. "My mother says if you wish and blow one your wish will come true."

I turned my attention away from the flying seeds at his comment,

"Really?"

He nodded.

"Let me try one." I reached down and plucked one of the fluffy flowers, raising it to my lips. I closed my eyes tight, wishing to the sky. I wanted to wish for Minhyuk to notice me, but another wish was flashing in my mind. Something I really wanted.

I wanted my family back. I wanted to be as close to Jangmin as I had been, to have a loving parent and a home. I wished for family.

My eyes flew open and I blew, watching in awe as the seed feathers broke away from the flower and took flight. Eunwoo was smiling as he watched me,