Ten

"Page 135, section four." Mrs. Jang's voice was dull and boring as she named the textbook we were to open. It was Monday, and that meant tons of paperwork and textbooks and nagging teachers.

"Testing is only a week away. Studying is crucial." Mrs. Jang scanned the class with the scary grey eyes of hers.
The class groaned.

I fought back a sigh, looking down at my open textbook.
So many more words...
I wondered how someone could enjoy school.

To me, it was absolute torture.

"You'll be studying today. Use your time well." Her voice was stern and I knew she meant every word.

"Come on, let's go to the library." Eunwoo jumped from his seat as the class was dismissed. I hurried after him.

"Yah wait up." Jangmin called behind us, earning a scolding from Mrs Jang for running in the halls.

"Sorry Jangmin." I smiled and slowed down, "I guess I was too excited to get out the classroom."

"Me too. Midterms always seem to ruin the mood." Eunwoo had his hands in his pants pockets, looking glum.

"What?! You're the number two in the school! Midterms should be easy, right?" I watched his expression change from boredom to disagreement.

"It's not like I have powers or anything Soohyun, midterms are hard for everyone."

"I suppose."

"Watch it Eunwoo, Soohyun might pull ahead of you. She's second in the class already!" Jangmin's bragging voice made me happy. It felt nice to have someone cheering you on.

"As if." Eunwoo huffed. I laughed and pushed past him into the library,

"Watch out Cha Eunwoo, I'm coming for first place!" I aimed finger guns at him before turning away. I could hear probably a dozen people shushing me but I couldn't care less. I was glad to be away from the cramped classroom and Mrs Jang.

I decided to pick out a novel to read in my spare time, since reading fiction was something I'd loved to do ever since I had learned to read. I ran my finger along the books, undecided. Movement from the aisle across my shelf distracted me. Baeksoon was reaching on her tiptoes, struggling to reach a book above her fingers.

"Oh, Baek-" I stopped from hurrying to help her when who should appear but the very tall Moonbin. He stepped up to Baeksoon,

"Need some help?" It didn't take any effort for him to reach up and fetch the book. I could practically hear Baeksoon's speeding heartbeat and grinned at both their blushing cheeks as they stared at each other.

"What are you doing?" Someone whispered suddenly behind me, causing me to jump and nearly smack them across the room. I stared at the student in front of me, too startled to say anything.
Rocky??

"Whoa, are you okay?" He waved a book in front of my face, breaking me from my stare.

"Uh... um, yes! I'm fine." I turned away in embarrassment.

"I know a good studying spot." He rocked back on his heels, several books in his hands. I blinked at him,

"Um... really?" I felt my heart thumping in my chest. Half of me wanted to turn tail and run the other half wanted to follow Rocky anywhere.

"Want me to show you?" He smiled. That smile. The one where his eyes squinted and his perfect white teeth showed.
I found it difficult to even breathe.

"S..sure."

He smiled again.

I held my books tight against me, trying hard to keep from panicking as we walked side by side in the hall.