Thirty

"JANGMIN! JANGMIN!" My voice was dry and sore but still I yelled, filling up the entire gymnasium with my chants. I followed my brother with my eyes, watching him and screaming when he had the ball. On either side of me, Eunwoo and Baeksoon were chanting my brother's name, a little quieter while chomping on some snack they'd bought of which was mostly being enjoyed by Moonbin.

Baeksoon's boyfriend was digging handfuls out of the snack bag and leaving crumbs scattered on his shirt. His eyes were constantly on the game, honestly looking more interested in what was actually happening in the game than I was.

Sanha, JinJin and MJ were a few bleachers away, making a mess of some face paint Sanha had brought (which he was probably regretting). In the row directly in front of me Uncle Dong and my father were sitting shoulder to shoulder, although Jimin's shoulder was a good two inches lower. He looked small, younger than his actual age. It felt strange to think of him as my true biological father, but somehow, it didn't bother me anymore.

Though I was more than excited for this game, and supported my brother no matter what, I still felt that nagging worry in the back of my mind. I noticed every little flinch and his arms, the wrinkles in his forehead as he clenched his teeth in pain passing the ball. It made me anxious to think of him hurting himself again. Half consciously I was also watching Minhyuk, my mind denying it because I desperately wanted to forget I'd ever met him. Still, I couldn't help but wonder if I'd ruined a good friendship. What if I'd judged Rocky wrongly? What if he was a nice guy and I broke his heart and took his friends from him? The thought made me feel sick. I did that to him. He'd liked me yet I'd hurt him, time and time again. All because of me, because of how I felt, what I wanted.

I realized then my voice had stopped straining itself to yell, my hands had fell to my sides and I was crying without even knowing it. I was crying amidst a crowd of cheering people. I watched my brother throw the ball to Minhyuk who took a wild jump and dunked it.

The crowd went wild, but I was silent. I watched the way Minhyuk's arms trembled, how he leaned more on his right leg than his left. There was no longer that childish excitement on his face, he no longer bounced on his toes and did that swag thing with his hand while smiling innocently. He seemed to be broken, like a trampled rose whose petals were covered in dust. Because I'd broken him. How had I not noticed?

The scream of a whistle indicated that the game was over, the scoreboard showed an obvious win on our side. I snapped out of my sorry mood at that moment and jumped up, cheering. The basketball team was jumping and cheering to each other, giving high fives for their win.

We met up with them not long after. I jumped up and down with excitement, letting go of Eunwoo's hand to tackle my brother in a hug. I didn't even mind how he was covered in sweat.

"You were amazing!"

Jangmin laughed and struggled to escape my hug,

"Thanks Soohyun. I can't believe we won."

"Congrats man." Eunwoo flashed one of his irresistible eye smiles.

I looked down at Jangmin's arms, taking his wrist in my hand. He flinched slightly and pulled it back. My forehead wrinkled in worry,

"Are you okay? You look in pain."

"I'm fi-" he halted his words, giving me a look that told me he was tired of lying to me.

"I... I'm a bit sore." He admitted, smiling bashfully as if he'd just revealed a big secret. I pursed my lips in thought,

"Well, don't strain yourself anymore." I smiled and patted the top of his head,