Eleven

"Wake up or you'll have no time for breakfast!" I woke up promptly to my uncle's voice. It was a Tuesday morning. I'd been planning on staying up all night with Jangmin to study for midterms. Both of us fell asleep in the early hours of morning.
Groaning, I rolled out of bed; struggling to wake myself up.
The house smelled warmly of eggs and rice. I kicked Jangmin in the side,

"Hey wake up."

He whined and rolled over, covering his head with a pillow. I shook my head at him helplessly and hurried to the bathroom to wash up.
My phone rang as soon as I turned it on. I paused from brushing my teeth to answer it.

"Yeah, Eunwoo?"

"Come outside." His voice was excited.

"Why?" I washed my mouth with water, wondering what Eunwoo was going on about so early in the morning.

"Just look outside, quickly."

Quickly I dried my wet hair and dressed into my uniform. I barely had time to pull on my shoes. Uncle Dong and Jangmin were eating at the table happily when I hurried past them.

"Aren't you going to eat Soohyun?" My brother said through a yawn. I smiled at him, throwing  my bag over my shoulder.

"Eunwoo's waiting for me outside."

"Really? Then I'll come too!" Jangmin tried to jump up but Uncle Dong yanked him down again,

"Oh no you don't, someone's got to eat this up." He pointed to the heaping plate of food and waved me away,

"Have fun at school Soohyun!"

I barged out the door, happy to be outside in the cool morning air. My smile widened when I saw Eunwoo waiting in front of my gate. He was standing beside a shining bicycle with an excited expression on his face.

"Whoa, what's this?" Stopping next to him, I examined the new bicycle with awe. He beamed from ear to ear,

"My dad got me it. Isn't it nice?" He asked in a bragging voice. I laughed at him,

"It is. Can I ride it?" I was a little jealous of his gift, considering I'd never had my own bike before. Eunwoo nodded quickly,

"We'll ride to school today." He jumped on the bike.

"What about Jangmin?" I glanced backwards at the house where my brother was probably stuffing his face.

"He'll catch up." Eunwoo grinned and patted the back of the bicycle seat. I found myself laughing at Eunwoo's inconsideration.
Jangmin would be so jealous to learn I got to ride Eunwoo's new bike to school.
I jumped up to sit next to Eunwoo, holding the bike tightly. He turned back to smile,

"Hold tight, I'm going fast." The bike took off quickly; and I let out a little squeal of happiness. The rush of air blew my hair around, hitting my face with cool wind. I closed my eyes and fought the urge to throw up my hands.

"Having fun?" Eunwoo glanced back at me and I nodded happily. The landscape panned past my view, the beautiful pinkish yellow sunrise tainting the sky.
It was so pretty.

Suddenly the bike wheels bumped, swerving and causing me to nearly fall. Instinctively, my arms found their way around Eunwoo's waist in fear.

"Hey! I almost fell!" I held tightly to him, scared suddenly. I could see him smiling at me,

"Didn't I say to hold tight?"

I felt my heart racing and looked away,

"Hmph~"