Twenty

"What are you thinking?!" I pulled my hand away from his as soon as he stopped around the corner of the hall. Stepping away from him, I gave him a glare.
Me, dating Eunwoo?
Why would he say that? I felt angry, but I couldn't keep my heart from speeding up and my cheeks burning.

"Hey, I just saved you. Why are you mad at me?" He scowled and crossed his arms. I humphed and looked away with a pout.

"Saved me? I was doing fine; thank you."

"Sure you were." I could hear the laughter in his voice. Ugh, this was so frustrating. I wanted to be mad at him but I had to admit it had felt good to see the look on Rocky's face. It felt almost like I had redeemed myself from the shame of falling for him. But still, the feelings inside of me were ecstatic, running through my blood and making every part of my body hot and tingly. Why did it have to be Eunwoo? It upset me how every time he looked at me I lost myself.
I couldn't control myself.

"Now everyone will think I'm dating you." I said in a low voice, blushing some more.

"So?" My eyes shot up at his response.

So?
What did that mean?

"Minhyuk won't bother you anymore. Besides, who cares what everyone thinks? We know it's not like that..."

a pause,

"right?" His voice was strained, a little less enthusiastic. I saw him bite his lip nervously as he turned back to look at me. I sighed, nodding slowly,

"Thanks Eunwoo, for saving me."

He smiled and seemed to brighten a bit, then suddenly looked troubled,

"We're late for class now though."

It was fifteen minutes of after class detention after that, sitting in the back of the classroom working on homework. I tried to pay attention to my studies but Eunwoo's words were still ringing in my mind, coming back and making my heart frustrated.

"No, she's dating me."

Was it the way he said it that had made me blush? I glanced over to where he was biting his pencil and staring at his page. There was something about him that made me feel... how shall I describe it? Almost—giddy? A feeling where my mind felt like it was spinning and my heart went wild.
Could I be falling for him? Could I be falling for Cha Eunwoo?

No, I can't fall for him!

I forced my eyes back to my paper, shaking my head furiously in frustration. I couldn't like him, anyone but him. I could see it replaying, the rejection and the pain.

Eunwoo has eyes for someone else, liking him will only hurt.

"Alright! Detention up." As soon as the teacher spoke Eunwoo jumped to his feet. I sighed and packed up my things silently.

"Come on Soohyun, I'm hungry for ice cream." He leaned against my desk impatiently.

"You're buying it." I told him, not looking up in fear I wouldn't be able to control my feelings.

"Fine Miss grumpy, it's not like I don't buy it every time anyway." I glanced up for a second to see him make a face at me. It took a lot to keep from smiling.

" I don't want to see either of you late to class again or that's a instant write-up." Mrs. Jang said with ice in her voice. Both of us bowed politely to her and escaped the place, letting out sighs of relief.