Twenty-three

I suddenly felt like throwing up when I saw him. I hadn't really realized the factor until it was right in front of my eyes. Why did he have to be here? Why didn't I think about this? My throat tightened and I fought to breathe, regretting ever coming.

"Soohyun." Eunwoo took my arm gently, his eyes pleading with me. I could barely see him, I was staring at something that wasn't there, all the excitement and happiness seemed to have been drained from me. The romantic music faded away as upbeat music changed the scene. Rocky suddenly turned and saw me, his eyes widening. He stopped dancing, hesitating before heading towards me. I felt my heart jump to my throat in panic but I found myself unable to move as he took a few more steps towards me.

"Hey," then he was standing in front of me, talking to me, looking down at me with those eyes; that stare.

"What do you want?" Eunwoo's voice was cold as ice. Rocky pursed his lips, ignoring him.

"Soohyun, can we talk? For a moment?" His eyes wavered, unwilling to meet mine anymore. Behind him, Minji watched with cautious and concerned brown eyes. I tensed and took a step back.

"I.. I can't." Finally coming to my senses, I shook away the daze and pushed past Eunwoo. I escaped the place, heading to the bathrooms, anywhere away from here. I couldn't stay here, not if he was here, not if he was here talking to me, looking at me, acting as if nothing ever went wrong.

"Soohyun!" I heard a series of footsteps before a hand grabbed my arm, stopping me and making me look up into those same eyes. My body felt panicky, hating just the sight of him. I pulled away and glared at him, feeling tears already forming in my eyes.

"Listen Soohyun, please." He said between breaths.

"I don't know what you're thinking right now, or what you saw." A pause, and I swallowed hard.

"It's not like that. I didn't want any of it, its only you I like."

I bit my lip to keep from crying,

"So you just went along? You seem pretty happy without me Minhyuk." I turned to leave but his hand grasped my arm again, his voice pleading,

"I'm sorry! I didn't want to hurt her; or you."

I took his hand and gently pushed it off my arm, facing him one last time, pretending not to notice the tear that rolled down his cheek.

"Just take care of her now...she needs you more." I turned and left, the lump in my throat rising at each step I took from him.

That's right Soohyun, there's no way you can love him. Minji needs him.

Still, letting him go hurt more than I expected and was easier said than done. My hands were trembling when I crumpled against the wall, the tears had long past escaped. I had tried my hardest to be brave, but it had amounted to nothing, really. Maybe Rocky was being honest, maybe he truly cared and hadn't ever meant to hurt me. Even so, it was too late. I knew that I wasn't meant to be with him, there was someone more entitled to that. Someone who needed him way more than I; I couldn't take that from her.

I broke from that upsetting thought as a gentle arm rested on my shoulders. Before I had time to react I was wrapped in a warm embrace, the fresh clean scent surrounding me in familiar comforting feelings. I didn't want to cry in front of him, I really didn't. I owed so much to Cha Eunwoo, so much that I couldn't even imagine how to repay it. I couldn't keep crying on his shoulder.

Quickly managing to collect myself; I wiped my tears and pulled away,

"I'm fine." I sniffed and gave him a wide smile. I was surprised to find tears in his eyes, the sight immediately breaking my heart. He took in a shaky breath, looking at me strangely. I softened and was suddenly worried.