Chapter 2

I soon found myself walking down the stairs of the Hall. Every eye was on me, some judging me, some admiring whereas some envying me. I gulped. Maybe I don't look nice, maybe I have too much makeup on, Oh my gosh, no, I probably Iooked terrible. But then my eyes landed on my mom who sent me a reassuring smile.

"My, has she grown. She sure is beautiful" I heard women say.

"I thought they were just rumors. My my, the girl is gorgeous" Another whisper made its way to my ears

"Stunning" 

That made me smile even wider. At the last step, standing in a navy blue suit and pure white shirt was my fiance Jack. I smiled at him as I stepped off the last stair.

"Hello handsome" I smiled 

"Hey Astrid" he replied, with a smile which didn't look like the ones he usually gave me. It looked like it was forced on. Realizing the fact that this was not the appropriate place to discuss the matter I brushed it off.

Jack and I went to stand beside our families. I smiled at Valerie, who was wearing a top with beads elegantly placed on specific areas with a purple skirt that touched the floor barely showing her shoes. Her brown hair was up on a side bun and she was wearing small pearl earrings, but for some reason, she didn't smile back. 

Wonder what is up with her

My dad, King Mason stepped forward and gave a speech to all the guests "Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to another Independence day, the day our elders had fought the cruel werewolves and gotten their own land for the future generation. We respect them and the work they did so let's unite and celebrate this glorious day."

"Let the celebration begin," my mom, Queen Clarissa concluded

Everyone in the room cheered and the servants instantly came inside to serve food and drinks. I looked around spotting many of my friends and a few of my teachers as well. I grabbed Jacks hand and began to lead him to my colleagues. 

"Where are we going Astrid? Jack replied, his voice containing exasperation and annoyance. 

I frowned at his tone due to which his eyes immediately softened.  "I want to introduce you to my friends"  I replied

"Lets go" he motioned

Valerie's P.O.V

I watched Astrid as she made her way across the hall with Jack "God, just give me one day where I wouldn't have to see her in the castle. I don't even understand why she get compliments, I mean look at her, she is so pale she actually looks like on of the vampire mentioned in old 90's movies." I muttered to myself as I picked up on of the drinks from the tray. 

I saw her talking to her friends with Jack beside her. She is so fake, I thought to myself. Plastering smiles on her face wherever she goes, making people think she loves them.

I felt someone's presence behind me, Alex's scent immediately surrounded me and I smiled

"Hey babe" He said

"Hello Alex" I said

"You look great V." He said turning me towards him

"I know I do but thank you for the confirmation Alexander" I said, smirking when he cringed at his full name.

"Don't call me by y full name V, Mom and Dad are enough" he mumbled

I chuckled. Alex was the only one who loved me for who I really was. We both were not only engaged but we were also mates whereas Astrid and Jake weren't mates. That was something I always made her jealous of and she was easily irritated

"Now come on let's ditch this place and go outside" he grabbed my hand and took me outside.

The Royals liked to spend their day inside whereas the locals spent their day outside by decorating the streets. Alex and I headed down the lane and sat beside the river. After talking about everything and anything Alex and I went back inside. While we were walking inside the castle and through the hallways, I heard mom and my grandmother talking.I immediately stopped a few inches away from the room.

"Everything okay babe," Alex said sounding concerned.

"Yeah you go I'll be there in a second" I whispered

"What's wrong mom?" I heard dad say

"You know Aiden?" said my grandmother

"The bakers' son?" dad asked. Confusion was evident in his tone

"Yes him. He stayed up all night and didn't return home before morning. " grandma said with grief.

"That's terrible. Did he transform into a .............. werewolf?" mom hesitated before speaking

I gasped a werewolf? He turned into a werewolf.

Holy crap! Why would someone stay out?

"That is the punishment of staying outside. He returned home today after being missing for 3 days." grandma replied

"He must be exiled," dad said. Anger filled his tone

"Indeed," said grandma.

"Poor lad," my mom said sighing

I ran towards my room to tell Alex. I had found the perfect punishment for that little witch and Alex was going to be my partner in crime.