Chapter 9

ASTRID'S P.O.V
Few days had past and I was getting better. In the first few days I was quite weak, Alpha Xavier had taken care of me and I was quite astonished. I had always thought he was a cruel and merciless Alpha who didn't care about anyone but himself. But I was dead wrong turns out he's a completely different person from the inside.
Don't judge a book by its cover folks.

After I had recovered I  would stay in Alpha Xavier's house more specifically in the guest bedroom he had given me all day reading books from his library. I had found the book I was reading back in the vampire kingdom in Alpha Xavier's library.
Today's chapter was Sir Zander, Ruler if the werewolf kingdom.

Sir Zander was born on 13 of July 1869. He was the son of King Westin and Queen Aria rulers of the vampire kingdom. Sir Zander grew up a vampire but on his 15th. Birthday there was an attack on his kingdom by another group of vampires who mercilessly killed everyone. Zander's parents fought bravely but unfortunately were not victorious.However they were able to save their son. They had asked one of the servants to take Zander and escape the kingdom long before the vampires had reached their land. Zander along with maid Nancy ended up in the werewolf kingdom. Nancy was killed by King Raphael as he thought she was a threat though Zander was saved by Queen Grace because if her love if children. Queen Grace had no child of her own and therefore adopted Zander.
Being exposed to light in the werewolf kingdom Sir Zander had converted into a werewolf  when.........

I was interrupted by a loud "knock" on the door. Wonder who it is. I thought. I closed the book but kept my finger in between so I wouldn't lose the page. I approached the door and flung it open. I was greeted by a blonde girl with green eyes smiling widely at me.
"Hello you must be Astrid Parker" she said smiling even wider. I was tempted to ask her about how painful it was.
"Uhh yes I am and you are.....?"
"Oh I'm Grace."
"Nice to meet you Grace is there something I can help you with?" I asked trying not to act irritated cause she just interrupted me from reading and that is a crime that doesn't need explanation.
"Yes you can" she said as she quickly she snatched the book from my hand closing the page and removing my bookmark.
Ughhh great. She threw the book inside and it landed straight on the coffee table. Then she grabbed my hand and dashed outside.

"Woahhhh what? Where are you going leave my hand!" I screened thrashing and trying to snatch my hand away but damn her grip was strong. She opened the car door and literally threw me inside as if I were an object and not a living human being.
She got in the drivers seat and we dashed out of the driveway.
"EXCUSE ME BUT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO——"
"Relax I'm not kidnapping you or something. Alpha Xavier has ordered me and Chloe to take you shopping!" Her voice went a bit high at the end.
Oh brother. I hate shopping more than anything else in the world but of course I wasn't going to say that to Grace. So I gave  her my signature smile and pretended as if I loved shopping.
.............................................................................
Grace took me to the biggest and most popular mall in the city. Even though i didn't appreciate  going I had no choice.
We met Chloe in the food court and that was it. They took—— no dragged me to every shop in the mall.  They bought tons and tons of things which I would never buy for myself. But I had to admit they had good taste.
At one point I had fought with them and sat outside the shop. They knew my size so they grabbed everything they liked for me.
Once they were done which I felt like was after years, we headed back home.
I stormed through the door after waving goodbye to Grace and Chloe. Today was officially the most tiring day of my life.  I slowly made my way up to the guest bedroom but stopped when I heard my name.

"Astrid? Is that you"My head snapped towards the source of the sound and realized it had come from the study.
I opened the room to the study and entered. I found Alpha Xavier sitting on a chair in front if his big desk which had numerous papers placed on it.

"Yes Alpha?" I said as I stopped in front of his desk
His eyes shot up to mine and I saw a bit of anger appear on his face.

"Call me Xavier" He said sternly
"Sorry" I mumbled
His expression changed and he was calm again.   He stayed silent and I could see that he was thinking something important.

He let out a sigh " Astrid I have to tell you something"
"Uh sure, shoot" I said
"Come with me" he got up from his chair and out of the room. He lead me to the balcony and sat down on a bench that was placed in the middle of the balcony. From here you could see the whole town and some part of the woods as well. I followed and sat beside him. The sun was dipping behind the large mountains. It would be out of sight in a while leaving only the moon to shine bright in the sky.

"Wow this view is breathtaking Xavier" I said smiling
"Astrid, I have to tell you something" he said. I looked at him wanting him to continue "Ever since I saw you in that cell, you secured a very special place in my heart, a place that even I can't remove you from no matter how hard I try. The moment I had laid eyes on you I knew you were mine. I wish to spend my life with you protecting you and loving you for who you are" I was looking at him dumbfounded at loss of words . He bent down on one knee and took out the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. "Will you marry me?" he said.
I stared at him for what seemed like eternity but it was actually only a few seconds
"YES YES YES YES" I squealed with happiness which was starting to become evident on my face.
He gently placed the ring on my finger. I hugged him and he returned it. After that we sat and watched the sunset together. Holding hands and sharing thoughts.

Hey guysssss. I hope you liked this chapter. I had a lot of fun writing it especially the part where Xavier proposes Astrid.
Btw I want to  thank my mom who supported, motivated and encouraged me to write this book. Love ya mom ❤️