Chapter 15

Xaviers P.O.V

I was fighting King Parker when suddenly searing pain spread through my thigh. I lost my balance due to the sudden burst of soreness, falling to the floor. And that's when I heard a loud howl. My eyes snapped up and landed on Sheira dashing towards Valerie at top speed. She jumped up and was able to pin her to the ground within seconds. I was quite shocked at her outburst and so were the other soldiers on the ground.  

  Sheira was now on top of Valerie and scratching her chest causing blood to explode out. But Valerie wasnt weak either she grabbed Sheira and threw her across the field. Sheira crashed into a tree with  a lot of  force. She got up and let out a growl.

"You again?" Valerie sneered. Sheira snarled at her and took a few steps towards Valerie. "I got rid of you once I can do it again you filthy dog" she said with a smirk plastered on her face.  Within a few seconds Valerie had converted into igneous. The powerful dragon of flames was staring at a small white inexperienced she wolf. 

Igneous opened its mouth to let out a ball of fire but Sheira blocked it by attacking it on its head. The fight had begun again and now each and every soldier was fighting including me. King Parker lunged for me again and I blocked him. 

A roar was heard followed by a howl of pain. My eyes snapped towards the cry and landed on Sheira who was on the ground with blood pooling out from her stomach whereas Igneous landed steadily beside it as if nothing had happened.

Igneous shifted back into Valerie and walked towards King Parker who was looking at her with pride. I tried to growl but what came out was a whimper in pain. My eyes shifted towards Astrid who was looking at me with  guilt. I tried to reassure her her that it wasn't her fault but she didn't want to listen. 

 "I'll take that" Valerie took his crown from King Parker Mason and placed it on her head

"What are you doing Valerie?" He boomed. 

"Well I am obviously more powerful than you considering I'm an elemental" she said as she circled around King Parker.  "And I have just defeated the Luna" she said looking towards Astrid.

"Valerie! what is the meaning of this" Queen Clarissa stepped towards her. "Is this the ----?"

"Oh please mom I'm not like Astrid who'll silently listen to you. I'm Valerie keeper of the dragon of flames." Valerie said as she headed towards Astrid.

"VALERIE PARKER RETURN TO ME THE CROWN AT ONCE" King Parker dashed towards her. But stopped when Alex came infront of Valerie and pointed the gun at his wife. "Don't you dare" he threatened Alex

"Valeire what has gotten in to you? You werent like this you--" Queen Clarissa cried

"You're right mom I was never like this. You turned me into this. Always liking Astrid, always complementing her. Always giving her all the attention and left me nothing. So I decided to get rid of her myself. That day what I told was just a lie. None of it was real. " As Valerie spoke. Gasps were heard all around us. The vampires had finally understood that I was innocent.  Valerie ignored the gasp and continued "I had overheard your conversation about Aiden and how he transformed into a werewolf. That's what gave me the idea of how i could get rid of your beloved daughter" she said as her gaze drifted towards me weak figure on the floor. "Alex and Jack both helped me in the plan. We had managed to lock her up in that house with only one exit which she unfortunately found or I had hoped she would just die there" Valerie spoke

"You made me get rid of my own daughter?" Queen Clarissa spoke with shock

"Well you have to lose something to gain something mom" Valerie said with a cocky smile on her face and with that she shifted her gun towards Xavier. "And right now what I want to gain is amusement" she said

She was pointing the gun at  my chest this time and I knew if I got shot this time I would be dead. Valerie then turned towards Astrid who was looking at her with an emotion I couldn't quite interpret.

"Long Live the Alpha" she said