Chapter 17

Shock was the only emotion that was visible on my face. My mate is the powerful ice dragon?
My gaze slowly went towards Igneous and Frost who circled each other menacingly while slowly gaining height. After a while they weren't visible. Just then Adrian came rushing up to me and helped me up.

"Alpha are you okay?" He asked

"I'm fine" I said as I stood up with a bit of struggle

My gaze then landed on King Parker who was still holding his legs and groaning in pain. It was hurting even more because the sun was rising. "Help him" I demanded pointing at King Parker. After all he was still Astrid's dad. She should decide what to do. All the vampires and werewolves didn't move from their positions. They didn't fight nor defend. They all stood there shocked and clueless.

"Yes Alpha" said Adrian as he rushed towards King Parker. Queen Clarissa held his leg while myriad of emotions filled her eyes.

My gaze diverted towards the sky and I could trace balls of fire and ice being sent into opposite direction. A few growls followed big explosions of ice and fire. It looked like both of them didn't want to give up.

We waited and waited. Then out of nowhere a thunderous snarl was heard and a figure came crashing down. It collided with the floor with a huge force causing many of the soldiers to fly backwards. It was igneous. She was on the floor hurt and exhausted. Then came frost, landing gracefully beside her.

Igneous shifted back into Valerie and scooted away from frost. The ice dragon just narrowed it eyes at her before shifting. The mighty dragon transformed into a beautiful girl but there was something different about. Unlike Astrid her body was radiating danger and threat. Her blue eyes were now wicked white and her expression showed no mercy. She slowly walked towards Valerie, approaching her as if she was a prey ready to be eaten.

"STOP" Alex said as he came in front of Valerie. He was trying to protect his mate but it was a wrong move because it made Astrid angrier.

Valeries P.O.V

Astrid's gaze shifted from me to Alex slowly. As if daring him to make another move. "I still remember the day you helped him to kick me out" she growled. "Now its time to pay the favor" And with that she punched him in the face with all her force. Alex tried to dodge her punch but she had aimed it was such precision that he couldn't. It landed straight on his face casing him to stumble back. A cracking sound was heard as he fell to the floor groaning in pain.

A malicious smirk played on her lips as she began walking towards me, this time with more speed. I was quite weak because of the attacks Frost had made above but I still managed to turn away and run from her. It wasn't very helpful because just as i turned around a shield of ice formed in front of me blocking my way. It surrounded me completely, only opening towards Astrid

"Don't look at me like that old friend you were the one who started this the day you threw me out of the Vampire kingdom." she gave me a smug smile

I watched her in horror as she raised her hand forming a ball of ice in her palm. The ball swirled with layers and layers of ice. Each one looked colder and more painful than the last.

"ASTRID STOP!" Someone yelled.

Astrids expression hardened gain and her eyes snapped towards the voice. I shifted my gaze too trying to see who was my rescuer. My eyes landed on Xavier who was limping towards Astrid.

I saw Astrids face soften for a while as she saw her mate condition but hardened immediately as she realized who he was defending.

"This is known of your business Alpha Xavier so I suggest you don't interfere" her voice came out cold and harsh. No emotion was visible in her tone. All it indicated was mercilessness.