Unforgettable Night (FINAL)

-- Jack --

After the whole ordeal at the warehouse, I'm surprised Mark wanted to go anywhere with me. I was even more shocked that he got all eye-of-the-tiger and decided to soldier on. I could tell he was shaken. I could see it in his eyes. I guess it was pretty hard on him. It was his first time getting involved in something like that, and then the cops were called. It made me worry for him. Then again, the more I thought about the police, the more I began to dread for the person who snitched. 

Why I worry might someone ask? Well, in a sentence - hell hath no fury like a warehouse full of pissed off juveniles. They would pay in bloodshed and bruises for the teenagers who went to jail and called the warehouse their safe haven. No matter what, someone was going to pay for it, come hell or high water. All I wondered was who was going to pay for what happened to Mark?

I looked over at him and grinned. His eyes were half-lidded and he seemed sleepy. I turned my head up to the sky, thinking about the beauty of the moon and the stars.

"Jack?" I heard the soft voice of Mark. I turned to look at him and I smiled instantly.

"What is it, Mark?" I asked.

"I'm hungry. I am in dire need of food." He says sleepily. He rests his head on my shoulder and intwines our fingers.

"How dire?" I ask, nuzzling his head slightly. My smile widened and I giggled slightly. He was such a child when he was sleepy and it was completely adorable.

"Very dire. I'm tired and hungry, so you need to feed me. This date is your idea anyway. If you don't get me food, that would be flipping the bitch switch and then I'd have to kill you." He told me softly. A tired grin popped up on his features and he buried his face in my shoulder.

I grinned down at him and chuckled to myself. I guess we were due in for some energy drinks and coffee too, especially since it was past two in the morning. I pretended to think a moment, tapping my chin. Marks eyes fluttered up to me and I sighed.

"I guess," the words made him perk up and I held back a smirk, "I guess we could go to my favourite Cafe?"

"We headed to Carson Cafe?" He asked with a smile. I nodded and led him up the street.

I held his hand, perspiration forming in between our hands. I absolutely loved Mark. I could admit that now. I really did love him. He's not just going to be a fuck fling. He's going to be so much more than that to me - he already is so much more to me than just that. He was now someone that held me together; he helped me control myself now. I realised I'm not the same old rebel I used to be. In a way, I'm growing soft. I'm more affectionate. I'm more caring. I'm more simple. I guess I would say that he's rubbing off on me.

He, however, was growing tougher. He was gaining strength and suavity. Honestly, whenever he acted cool, my heart fluttered. He was an amazing actor and his charade was always so convincing. He was the definition of perfection.

I smiled down at his small figure. His hair was barely messed up against my shoulder. His beautiful brown eyes were shut softly, leaving shadows ghosting over his eyes. He was beautiful.

Perfect.

•••

As we walked up to Carson cafe, I saw a certain someone in the large window to the cafe. I think my heart hit the ground. My breathing stopped. I had gotten us into something. This was a mistake. I stopped in my tracks and Mark bumped into me. He looked up at me in confusion.

"What's wrong, baby?" Mark asked me as he opened his eyes. A short squeak came from his throat and his eyes widened.

Thomas stood behind the counter on his morning shift, half asleep. Mark and I exchanged a look - "now what do we do?" - and I shrugged, unsure of our next course of action. This could go any way we wanted it to. If he saw us both, we'd be in a whole heap of trouble for a whole heap of reasons. As I stood there and thought, I realised that I might want to act quickly. I turned to Mark and saw his expression.