Chapter 7: Battle

It's been a few months since I've been apart of the Overwatch family. I've grown close to most everyone. Exept, it seems, Jack. He hasn't even spared me a glance ever since out kitchen conversation.

I have drawn the mystery man many more times, each time in a different pose, never the same. No one has seen them either, which is good, I guess it'd be bad if someone walked in to see a bunch of drawings of some random guy on my wall.

I sit down in my swivel chair and look at the pictures again. It's so odd having this feeling of familiarity, even if I don't remember ever seeing him in my life. I heave a large sigh and get out of my chair.

I open my closet and find some exercise clothes, some capri leggings, a sea green sleeveless sweatshirt and my combat boots. The sleavless shirt exposes my black wing tattoos on my arm. I tie up my hair and grab my gun in its holster, and some spare ammo in its ammo pouch. I strap the holster on my hip and the pouch on the other side.

I begin the walk to the training facility when an alarm sounds.

"Athena, what's going on?" I yell to the AI.

"It seems Talon has been spotted in a nearby town. The others are on their way to the scene. You have been instructed to remain here by the Commander." She says.

I roll my eyes, "Forget that, I need some action." I sprint to the doors, which close in my face.

"Athena? What the heck?" I yell.

"You have been instructed to remain here." I growl lowly.

"I'm sorry about this Athena." I fire a bullet into the door lock and it opens up. I run outside and see fire and smoke coming from the town to the south. I run to the scene.

A small movement catches my eye and I fire twice onto a balcony above me. I hear a grunt of pain and I continue to run into the town. My eyes scan the scene and I spot a person coming up behind Mei. I take a few shots and the person falls to the ground.

I spot McCree under a fallen roof, and immediately go to help. I skid to a halt and move to lift the large beam off of my friend.

"(Y/n)!" He says surprised. "Aren't you supposed to be inside?" I smile and lift the beam off him, he crawls out and stands.

"Yes, but I haven't got to help on a mission yet. Now lets go find Mercy, you're injured." I help him to the area where a bright yellow light was radiating.

"Angela! McCree's hurt!" She turns and jets a beam of light toward us with her staff.  McCree is suddenly much lighter as he stands on his own.

"Thank you, darlin'." He nods his head and runs back into battle. I hear a yell and I run to the sound.

Tracer and Lucio are facing this tall man with a large metal fist, staring them down. He draws his fist back and I shoot at his elbow, drawing his attention. He starts toward me, and Lena shoots him with her dual pistols, and Lucio does his beat drop thing. They seem to have the upper hand in this battle now so I run back into the main street. I see Jack and this man in all black facing off in the center of the a woman in purple is sneaking up behind him with her gun drawn. I am to far away to shoot her so I focus for the second best thing.

"JACK! BEHIND YOU!" I scream at the top of my lungs. Both he and the man in black look at my running form. Jack then turns quickly and shoots at the approaching woman who uses a grappling hook to escape. The man in black recovers from his shock and aims his dual guns at both me and Jack, I roll to dodge the the bullets headed my way.

"(Y/n), what are you doing! I told you to stay put!" Jack hisses as we put up out guns aiming at the man in black. We fire simultaneously and the man turns to black smoke which the bullets fly through.