1 ~ The Girl with Permanent Tattoos

Hello my little appleseeds! And welcome to the start of something new. (HSM fan over here, can you tell?)

My posting schedule - Wed./Fri./Sun. I'll keep you posted if there are any changes :)

A perfectly red and ripe apple wrapped around a styrofoam net caught Zailey's eye as it rested at the very top of the pile of apples. She had given all of the change she'd collected to her family, and was left with nothing but fatigue, hunger, and thirst. 

Her senses snapped back when she heard a deafening voice screaming "Come back!" Looking around, she realized that she had already taken the apple and was now running away from the lady guarding the stall's merchandise. A police officer heard the commotion and added to the pursuit, frightening Zailey even more, as she made a sharp turn to her left and into a crowd of customers. The officer caught her waist, throwing her over her shoulder as she pleaded to be let go.

***

Zailey opened her eyes and sat up from her bed, eyebrows furrowing as she swept the strands of hair from the side of her face to the top of her head. She checked the clock which revealed the time and date: 6 o'clock a.m. on January 17, 2016. 

She rubbed her forehead at the throbbing, sharp pain in her head as reached for the mini fridge next to the bed. She took out a water bottle and gulped it down, attempting to cure her hangover.

She looked off to the other side of the queen sized bed where she found her friends, Jacque and Elizabeth, still deep in sleep. They were all hungover with raging headaches and voiced desire for more sleep. Zailey, however, had never experienced a hangover in her life. Being the only one in a normal state, she swiped the blanket off of their bodies leaving her friends shivering in their underwear.

"Get up, bitches!" She yelled.

Jacque groaned as she opened her eyes, "Ugh... I am not going to school today."

"Then don't. But at least eat some breakfast," Zailey slapped Elizabeth's tush and woke her up, "You too, Bucky, get up."

"Who's Bucky?" Elizabeth sat up from her seat.

"You. Last night you said wouldn't respond to anything other than your stripper name."

"Damn it, why does tequila always make me believe I'm a stripper," she said, massaging her temples.

Jacque and Elizabeth have been Zailey's best friends since freshman year. The three girls, along with their friends Nathan and Josephina, formed "hustle squad." A crew in which they stuck together through any kind of adventure that awaited them, whether it be parties, drama, or simply ditching class. 

Zailey headed towards the other bedroom where her other friends, Josephina and Nathan slept and opened the door with a large bang. She pulled the curtains up exposing the sun that lit up the room. The light hit against the naked couple cuddling with a blanket on the bed.

"What's up with you? It's a beautiful Saturday," Nathan said in a raspy voice.

"It's Tuesday today, you idiot," Zailey retorted.

Nathan is the only man out of their circle of friends, as well as the most promiscuous. As Nathan got out of bed, Zailey immediately turned away to avoid seeing his naked body.

"What, you don't want to see this beauty? I'm offended, Zai," Nathan teased.

"Sorry, I'd rather not get scarred for life," she said sarcastically. "Now, pick your dick up and get ready. We have to go to school today."

"Funny you think we're going to class today," Josephina chuckled, reaching for her clothes on the floor. "And you. How'd you manage to take me to bed, again?"