16 ~ Underwear Fetish

The next day, Zailey waited outside, looking around to spot Connor's motorcycle. After a couple minutes, she finally spotted him riding down the edge of the road. His sleeves were rolled back, arms were tense as he gripped the handles, and his eyes remained concentrated on the road ahead. Any girl could look at him and say he was one of those rugged bad boys like Danny Zuko, but the thought only made her giggle. Remembering Elizabeth's words, she pondered over the possibility.

Making a smooth stop in front of Zailey, she proceeded to take the helmet from the motorcycle's box storage.

"You nervous?" Connor asked.

"Nope... If you got in, that means, the standards for Iris employees must be pretty low," Zailey teased.

"'I'll have you know, I'm a great employee."

"Then, I'll make sure to be an even greater one," she said as she sat down and drummed on his back.

"I doubt that's possible. Lorraine loves me."

"Well, who wouldn't," she whispered to herself. "In my case though, sometimes, it all boils down to street smarts."

"You don't think I'm street smart?" Connor rolled his wrists, making the motorcycle vroom. "I can just drive off and leave you to use your own street smarts."

"You wouldn't."

He sounded the engine one more time, making Zailey jump.

"Alright! You are! You are!"

"I'm what?"

"Street smart?"

"And what else?"

"And... I don't know!" Zailey said. "Just let me get on, we'll be late."

"Connor is..." He started for her.

She rolled her eyes, "Connor is..."

"The best person in the world," he said.

"The best person in the world," she irritably echoed.

"Oh, and is super hot."

"Never," She said, despite knowing it was true.

"Aw, so close... I guess I'll be going now then," he said.

"And is super hot," she mumbled. "There! Now let me on!"

He tried to control his smile, though failed as he scooted forward to give her room to sit. They both rode to Iris, completely elated, without any words needed.

When they got to Iris, a couple which seemed to be in their late middle-ages stood in front of the store to greet them. Zailey was shocked to see a frighteningly familiar face, to which she almost choked on her own spit.

"Zailey, this is Mrs. Chaunce, the owner of the store," Connor regarded her in a respectful, yet comfortable manner.

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Chaunce," Zailey smiled and shook her hand.

"You as well, Zailey Tsang, right?"

"Yes, ma'am... I see Connor's told you about me?"

"Oh, yes! Non-stop... All good things, of course."

Zailey shot him a look, to which he turned away in bewilderment, "Thank you very much, for giving me this opportunity, Mrs. Chaunce."

"It's no problem... It's my pleasure actually. I've been on the search for capable employees," Mrs. Chaunce said, "Ah! And I would also like you to introduce you to my fiance, Mr. Marsh."