43 ~ The New Face of Reverie

"W-We could try-"

"No."

"But-"

"I said... No," Connor said with stern eyes. "It's a waste of time and resources. Find someone that doesn't whine like a ninety-year-old man with a penile fracture."

"It'll be harder to make a contract with another female endorser, and Kyra is in such demand nowadays."

"She's more demanding than she is in demand," he crossed his arms. "So do as I say. Report to me once you find another one."

His secretary nodded nervously before rushing out of the office. On his way out, he almost bumped into a sophisticated, tall statured woman.

"Mrs. Jones... I got scolded once again," his secretary said shyly.

"It's alright, Marcus. Don't mind Connor's hot head. You'll get used to him soon," she whispered to him.

"Mrs. Jones, is there anything I can help you with," Connor greeted her.

"You've been here a week and they're all still scared of you. Loosen up will you?" Mrs. Jones advised. "They're your employees."

"It's not like I'll be here for long. I'll be out of their lives in no time."

"What was that about Kyra you were talking about?"

"When our company first scouted her, she was pretty humble. But after several other offers from other businesses, her conditions have seemed to double up."

"Happens to most celebrities these days. Who do you want to replace her with?"

"Not sure yet... We haven't actually considered anyone besides her."

"Actually there's someone bigger than Kyra. We've had her in mind for a while now. I'll get the whole team on it. We need an endorser before anything else."

He nodded, "I trust your expertise, I'm looking forward to it."

***

Zailey and Gavin walked out the airport, waiting for Kriss to pick them up.

Kriss pulled over in front of them, "Hey! How was Europe?!"

"Same as always," Gavin said. "My mom nagging us to get married."

"She's adorable!" Zailey said. "She even lit a fertility candle at the room we were staying at."

"Did it work?" Kriss asked curiously.

They shared secretive glances.

"Can't say we didn't try," Gavin smirked.

"Shut up!" Zailey punched his shoulder.

"Getting violent again, are we? She gets like that when she doesn't get enough sleep," He patted his shoulder.

"Oh god, you two better not have-" Kriss stared at the two in disbelief. "In the plane, too?! Really?!"

"They sent us on a private jet back, how else would we have made sure it was actually... Private," he got to say before he was smacked behind the head.

"Shut up!"

Kriss snorted, "Welcome to the mile high club!"

Half-way through the ride, Zailey's phone rang, waking both of them from their nap.

"Hello?"

"Hi there," The man cleared his throat before continuing. "This is Marcus from Reverie... We're a world renowned fashion company based in Europe, just in case you haven't heard of it."